Pre-op nghtmares Part 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op nghtmares Part 2 Pre-op nghtmares Part 2

Unread 04-02-2004, 11:35 AM
Pre-op nghtmares Part 2

I guess I've told everybody about my first pre-op nightmare. In my dream, I woke up from the anesthesia completely stupid. I had simply lost my intelligence. I'm not Einstein, but it scared me to think about this dream.

I fell asleep this morning due to the heavy migraine medicines I'm taking to try to overcome the abdominal pain that I had been treating with massive amounts of advil (can't take any more advil until after surgery).

In my dream this morning, one of the local TV news anchors had decided to retire. She came to me outside this parking deck and told me that since she was retiring, she was going to offer me her special parking spot since I was having a hysterectomy.

Now, I don't know this TV anchor in real life from Adam's housecat.

The scary part came when was I was trying to get inside the parking deck to find her parking place. I wandered and wandered, I came across numerous strange hidden places and enclosed areas, some with homeless people that I had conversations with and then prayed for, I came across two priests who were trying to help the homeless people, I found some of my co-workers who had come out of this parking deck and were heading back to the office--I even asked them how to get inside the parking deck. They all gave me directions and pointed to the exact entranceway, but when I got there it was a brick wall with yet another alleyway leading to yet another pile of discarded bricks and dirt with yet another homeless person living behind the pile.

I finally started to cry and then I woke up.

Wonder where on earth that crazy dream came from? Why did I get so scared when I couldn't get inside the parking deck? And why on earth did my poor brain pick out a TV anchor to give me the special parking place for post-hyster patients to begin with?

I've never seen anything in this dream with the exception of the TV news anchor and my co-workers.

Oh well! A friend of mine once told me that didn't dream dreams, I dreamt movies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Pre-op nghtmares Part 2

I'll tinker with this one a bit and take some huge guesses. I do my own dream analysis a lot, but I don't know you, only the situation so let's have some fun with this.

I think that the parking space is your surgery date. That is something that you have, it's been given to you. Why your brain decided that the retiring news anchor would give it to you is an interesting twist, but could just be there from watching the news.

But not being able to find it could be the unknown of the surgery itself, so there is some anxiety there for sure.

I was married this past October and one of my dreams just days before was that I overslept and missed my own wedding! Anxiety is a funny one for dreams.

The homeless people could indirectly be those that you will encounter along the way; the hospital staff, nurses, etc. You will be meeting a lot of new faces for sure.

Who knows for sure. Keep the dream postings coming though.
My post op dreams have all been very sexual in nature, and graphic! Whoa!!
Unread 04-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Pre-op nghtmares Part 2

Heeheehee! Great analysis! Better than any I could do!

I'll occasionally have a graphic dream. I haven't had sex since March 15, 1991, at 7:09PM, seven days before my ex and I separated (not that I'm really keeping track, of course).

I told my doc's physician assistant that ice might form in hades some day and I might marry again. I asked her what sex would be like after my surgery and she smiled and said, "Well, a little different."

ITS BEEN SO LONG, I'M NOT SURE I'D BE ABLE TO TELL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Going to the Castle 4/5-Having Weird Dreams TOO

I honestly believe that it's the stress of the unknown that is causing me to have weird dreams, i.e. nightmares. Last night, I had a dream and the last words that I said before I woke up were
"I'm scared." On a conscious level, I feel calm but anxiety will come out - even in our sleep (LOL).
Unread 04-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Pre-op nghtmares Part 2

from my dream dictionary:

Parking Lot
To dream that you are in parking lot, suggests that you need to slow down and take some time to relax from your daily activities.

To dream that you cannot find a parking space, indicates your inability to find your place in life. You may still be on your quest to find your talent or niche where you belong. Alternatively, it may reflect your busy life and the lack of time you have.
Unread 04-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Pre-op nghtmares Part 2

if the parking lot scenario is trying to find your place in life, that goes so well with the homeless people. could they be other hystersisters, also wandering around looking for the "right" answer/surgery date? would that make the priests the doctors?
this definitely has the potential as a Lifetime special...
akita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register