My Oncologist Flew The Coop - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Oncologist Flew The Coop My Oncologist Flew The Coop

Unread 04-03-2004, 05:19 AM
My Oncologist Flew The Coop

EEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!

I'm freaking out because my oncologist is away at a conference while I've been experiencing major problems. And she'll be back on Monday. I think your level of freakout must be at least triple of mine!

Big hugs. Huge hugs.
=emp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2004, 02:24 PM

Oh, Rosalie! I'd be sooooo upset if my oncologist moved on! I like all my doctors, but I love HIM the best! (If you want his name, I'd be happy to pass it along. He's up in Port Washington.)

I must share a story with you, though. You know that I had radiation treatment over at NSUH. Well, my radiation oncologist was the one who suggested that I do both the chemo and the radiation at the same time. Basically, all my other doctors said that it might be tough but "go ahead if you feel you want to do it". So, I did both treatments together.

I finished up all my radiation treatments (28 external and 3 HDR internal). I had just one follow up visit with this doctor and was told "That's it. Your treatment here is done. No more follow up necessary (with him) and have a good life."

About one month after that, I got a letter from the hospital saying that this doctor left NSUH. I was shocked and so sad. I really grew to like him. He got the brunt of all my complaints (you see, they were HIS fault. LOL.) But then I thought, you know, Maureen, perhaps this doctor was just supposed to be at NSUH right at the time when you needed him. It made me very grateful for him (once again).

Good luck in your search for a new doctor.
Unread 04-03-2004, 05:54 PM

Thank you everyone for your advice and consoling. It definately was appreciated.

I will post again after my visit on Tuesday letting you all know how things progress. Who knows, I may take you all up on the names of your oncologists.

Maureen, I read your story a few times and each time it brought a smile to my face. Hopefully you are right. Dr.V. was there for me when I also needed her the most. God works in mysterious ways!!!!!

Thanks again.
Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2004, 09:21 PM

Gosh Rosalie - that is odd she didn't send out a notice to her regular patients - although she may have been asked not to.

It's tough to make that switch when you find Dr's you like and trust. I hope the new one is a good one.

Jan
Unread 04-05-2004, 07:52 AM

Just a little Monday update...

somehow I think that there is more here than meets the eye.

I do believe that it time to be a detective....LOL

I called my oncologist/gynocologist again this morning. His receptionist took the message, again, and said that he will get back to me. She too was very sorry to see my oncologist leave.

Then I called Dr. V's secretary, the one I always spoke to and knew her very well. Guess what,,, she was not in on Friday and will not be in for the rest of the week. The person I spoke to was rather rude and curt...Very strange this whole thing.

Well tomorrow is my appointment and I will check things out further.

Rosalie
Unread 04-05-2004, 10:45 AM

Gosh, I feel so odd. I don't know any of those people in my doctor's office. I've never even called the office. UUUmmmmm........perhaps I am in some kind of denial? I didn't think so, but I seem to be so different than everyone else here.........one has to wonder!
Janie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register