This Hysterectomy site is Hysterical | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

This Hysterectomy site is Hysterical This Hysterectomy site is Hysterical

Unread 04-02-2004, 11:06 PM
This Hysterectomy site is Hysterical

This is my first time on this site today and I leaked I was laughing so much!!! What a kick you ladies are here.

It all started for me when I couldn't make it to the bathroom anymore. I should've seen it coming. But humpty dumpty had a great fall, and all I can say is thank God for modern medicine, they can put some of it back together again.

I met with an OB/GYN at my HMO after waiting 5 weeks for the appointment. This was after I'd been walking around feeling like several golf balls found their way down into my vagina. So he explains the bladder repair and hysterectomy to me and tells me I'm a candidate. Yea!! Maybe I'll win something? If it's no more periods, I'll take the prize. So now I'm waiting for surgery approval. I talked to the nurse today, and she tells me the soonest surgery date is May 19'th, another 5 weeks. Is this typical?

My biggest concern is how soon I can go back to work. Has anyone heard of a post-op patient who went back to work after 3 weeks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 11:18 PM

Hi Jo - I am now 5 months post op and I went back to work at 5 weeks but felt pretty ready for light work by about 3 weeks - I guess it really depends on the individual and the type and extent of surgery -

You are right, this site is great! I have been visiting this site for about 7 months now and I have made some really great contacts from all over the world - us Aussie girls will chat to anyone

Anyway good luck with your surgery, and if you are anything like me, you will be SOOO glad you had it done and can finally have your life back to normal - this was the BEST thing I could ever do - my whole life and sense of spirit has only got better - again best of luck fellow sister - love Sharon xx
Unread 04-02-2004, 11:35 PM

Hi Im a stay at home mom and I had to manage the chores almost from the beginning but it was tough

Now even at two months along I tire easily

mei
Hi jo and *waves* at sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2004, 12:26 AM

Hi Jo Is it a uterine prolapse that you have? I have a stage 3 prolapse and I feel like a dry tampons is falling out of me.eww Its so miserable feeling.My surgery is early Monday morning and They are taking everything out vaginally and giving me a bladder sling.
It took about 2 months to get it all happening with insurance and hospital schedualing.wow..times sure flown by.I'm afraid but I want a more quality life.I just turned 50 and its more important now than ever to me to have fun and do physical things.A uterus hanging out of me makes me very limited..haha
I got my hair lighten today and my nails done I've bought lots of pink frilly girly undies and nightees and even a little pink blanket to take to the hospital.Tomorrow I'll do all the finishing touches around the house and Sunday I'll be making my room clean and ready for my recovery.
I look so forward to coming on this site several times a day for support. God Bless These ladies that started it all

lol..One more thing..Tonight I was walking around the house with my princess wand and crown on making my family laugh.I told my daughter when I get home she better be listening for the wand sound and come running..coz I'm gonna use it as my bell for help..haha They loved it
Hugzz Becky
Unread 04-03-2004, 05:01 AM
Returning to work

That's my concern too... My doc said it all depends on the patient's general health, how the surgery goes, pain tolerance, and how well you can rest the weeks after. He said he's had patients return to work "on a very limited or part time" basis after 2 weeks....BUT that is not the norm or to be expected. I'm hoping to return at least part time after 3 weeks.
Unread 04-03-2004, 08:40 AM

My surgery was for prolapsed bladder, uterus and rectum....got it all fixed!!! Fortunately, I didn't have a job to return to so I could take all the time needed for recovery. Although I'm now caring for my dil who's on bedrest with her pregnancy.

I waited probably 5 or so weeks for my surgery once I scheduled. Three weeks seems a little early depending on what kind of job you have. You need to allow as much time as possible to heal properly..this is your one chance to do it right.

All I know is that I feel wonderful having all that mess gone down there. I waited several years before I was able to do it and sure wish I'd done it sooner.

Best wishes and sending you a big
Blessings,
Unread 04-03-2004, 09:46 AM

I am so excited to read all these responses. Thank you! And, I'm still laughing. I HAVE to have my own crown and wand and all now. I mentioned this to my son, and he looked at me very strangely.

I have the whole nine yards falling out of me: Bladder, rectum and uterus. They told me to push it back up if it comes all the way out, can you imagine! That hasn't happened yet.

Becky, if you read this, I'll be praying for you Monday morning, OK?

After reading everything here so far, I am more convinced than ever that I need to get this done sooner than later. See, in Sept., I started a part time job after 14 years of being home and homeschooling my 3 children. (The oldest is 14 ~ great babysitting age for the 8 and 9 year old). I helped create a homeschool department in a bookstore, and have looked forward since then to two big conventions this summer, one 2 weeks after the surgery and the other 3 weeks after. June through September is our busiest season and I have been gearing up for it. So, you can see how disappointed I am in the timing.

I have a great boss, so I know he will send employees with me. Mainly, it's my knowledge that will be in use, my brain not my body, ha-ha. I am well aware that rest is of utmost importance. I have had C-section, 2 laporoscopies, and 2 ear operations. I plan to have the kids with friends during the day the first two weeks. Yes, I plan on being a princess! You all have inspired me.
Unread 04-03-2004, 11:39 AM

I am planning on going back to work in three weeks too. I had a TVH on 3-26-04 and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm in my office most of the time so I suppose it would depend on what kind of work you do.
My actually said I could go back to work in two weeks but every nurse I talked to said to talk off longer.

Votelady
Unread 04-03-2004, 02:33 PM

Thanks so much Jo for saying you'll pray for me
haha Its really a horrible condition to have but it is a bit on the funny side.My best girlfriend reminded me that I used to make jokes about my uterus falling out after having 5 over 9 lb kids !! lol Who would think 30 years later it really would?? I had 4 natural births and my last baby was a c section.That was the only surgery I've ever had ..It was 16 years ago..and I never paid attention to anything but my baby so I can't remember much of the surgery details.I do know I healed fine and actually felt happy I didn't have to push her out..lol

This will be different and strange coz I've never been in a hospital without coming home with a baby but I'm getting ready and in a way looking forward to being a princess for a while.lol

I don't seem to be having a urine leaking problem or any bowel troubles but he has it written on the surgery orders to..correct prolapse of pelvic organs.Ewww it says I have cystocele..rectocele and Vaginal vault prolapse.
The procedure reads..TVH/bso Ai repair,poss ex lap,poss SSLC
Whatever that means? lol
I just hope they get it all right

I'm on Premphase right now and its made me feel so much better and possitive like my old self again.Hopefully it will work for me after but if not hes willing to work with me.The depression and mood swings were driving me crazier than the prolapse so I'm happy these drugs work for me.My breast lumps have even gone away and after 2 years of ultra sounds..Yay !! and my hair and skin feel so much nicer.I must of been so depleted.He said my overies were barely working at all.I believe it...lol He can have them.

Hey..I'll be praying for you too Jo and all you other girls out there.I think we need to all be possitive because God wants us to all be healthy and happy so we can enjoy our lives

Big Hugz For All...Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register