enlarged uterus cause? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

enlarged uterus cause? enlarged uterus cause?

Unread 04-04-2004, 09:57 PM
enlarged uterus cause?

I am new to hyster sisters. I have had problem with my cycles for 12 yrs. 12 yrs ago i was told i had endometriosis. I have had so many laposcopy/hystoscopy you name I've had it. I just had my last laposcopy 4 weeks ago. My ob though my endo was back from 7yrs ago. Turns out my uterus was enlarged and also the area above my uterus where it contains blood vessels also enlarged. I can sometimes feel my uterus,ovaries swell. It almost feels like I have an alien coming out. I am on the Pill to help control my cylces and suppose to help the pain. It sometimes feel like having another child. My surgery is scheduled for May 12th. I go tommarow 4/5 to see my ob and find out how he's doing my hysterectomy. Does anyone have any information on what causes your uterus to be enlarged??

thank you ,
tat2rose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2004, 09:09 AM
enlarged uterus cause?

Hi, welcome to Hystersisters, a great place for hyst related info and support.

I don't have any personal experiences with enlarged uterus but you can do a search here and find other discussions on it. The search button is at the top right of each page here.

There are lots of good pre op click here and post op articles click here. You can probably find something that can help you there too.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Best wishes.

s
Unread 04-05-2004, 10:46 AM
enlarged uterus

my uterus is enlarged due to fibroid tumors. It is the size of a woman who is 25 weeks pregnant - birth control pills used to help, but not anymore.

I am sure every case is different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2004, 10:53 AM
enlarged uterus cause?

I also have enlarged uterus & the only thing that I know for sure is that I do have fibroid cysts. I spoke to my doctors nurse about fears that they will find endometreosis(?) or even worse when I have my TAH on 4/21 but she reassured me that whatever they find when they get in there will be taken care of.
Unread 04-05-2004, 12:28 PM
enlarged uterus cause?

Hi. My uterus is enlarged due to fibroids. Actually it's a fruit salad. Haven't found aliens yet, but it wouldn't suprise me if they pop out dancing during surgery.

Good luck with your research, and glad you found this great site.
love
akita
Unread 04-05-2004, 12:30 PM
enlarged uterus cause?

akita ( & all other sisters)-
People here at work must think I'm insane because I keep busting out laughing! I think you are all wonderful!
Unread 04-05-2004, 12:38 PM
enlarged uterus cause?

Yes, laughter is the best medicine...but I am definitely a little loopy today.
My dog insisted on sleeping on the couch last night (a first)...no problem with that, but, deciding she, too, was a princess, she kept barking until I sat with her. (She has always slept on the floor next to the bed) So, dog and I slept on the couch last night. And, she is bowel incontinent. I was up a lot. And, at 7 am, she gets up to bark at the TV...she wanted it on. I was groggy, but BF came running in to answer her command.

I am definitely taking princess lessons from this old lady!

love
akita
Unread 04-05-2004, 01:05 PM
enlarged uterus cause?

I have wondered exactly the same thing... Just why did my uterus get the size of a football???? I don't even like sports!
climb
Unread 04-05-2004, 06:19 PM
enlarged uterus cause?

I have wondered the same thing! If I had any doubts about the surgery I don't now. Withen the last two weeks my uterus feels like it has really gotten bigger, very uncomfortable. Pressing on everything! I'm READY!!!
Unread 04-05-2004, 07:22 PM
enlarged uterus cause?

Hi ladies...my uterus was enlarged due to a big fibroid and a lot of smaller ones in the wall of the uterus he found at the time of surgery. I am 5 days post-op and already my bowels feel like they have had a boulder removed or something. I used to be constipated and had to pee all time from the pressure but now it semms to be so much better. I'm not sure how big it was but it was to large for a TVH so had to go TAH

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register