Ruthnova (Blossom) unplugged and dry!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ruthnova (Blossom) unplugged and dry!!! Ruthnova (Blossom) unplugged and dry!!!

Unread 04-05-2004, 01:47 AM
Ruthnova (Blossom) unplugged and dry!!!

Hi Dear Sisters!

Just got back from the castle and Cathy has been thoroughly binned and yip - pee, I can pee! And no leaks on the undies! I cannot describe how happy I am at the moment ( though I am sure you can relate! ), I cannot wipe the grin from my face, nor do I want to! I never thought I would see the light at the end of this long 'road'. What a relief this is.

I went back to the hospital because I was nervous about taking Cathy out myself and you will never guess what happened! The nurse put the syringe in the little side tube to withdraw the water and deflate the baloon, and the syringe snapped off in it!!!! LOL!
I have NEVER known that to happen before, she had to get forceps to extract the end of the syringe before deflating it. I said to her and DH, "See, if that had happened at home, I would have FREAKED!" So, then I felt quite justified in going to the castle after all!

I peed after 45 minutes and initially my bladder scans showed that I still had as much left in the bladder as I had just peed, but after a couple of goes I was peeing a larger amount and there was hardly any residual urine left, so I was allowed home! We exited off the freeway earlier and took a different route home so I could stop halfway at a shopping centre, took us slightly longer to get home but that was ok. When I do pee it doesn't sting, but the bladder sort of contracts down when it empties and it aches for a while. I think that will settle down though and the nurse just said keep up the painkillers for the next few days. The Uro must have got rid of the scar tissue though because I no longer feel like squeezing, which is a relief.

Oh Sisters, can you 'read' how joyful I am? Thankyou so much for your support, I would not have survived this without you. Now all we need is for F Stephenson to be unplugged as her op was the same day as mine, and we can all have that collective squat over the diaper bonfire!

Blossom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2004, 02:41 AM

Oh (((Blossom))) Yippee and wahoo!

I am doing a happy for you.
s,
-Linda
Unread 04-05-2004, 06:19 AM

Dear ((BLossom))

That is so great to hear!!! YIPPEE!!!

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2004, 09:03 AM

great news Blossom!!! I hope this is it for you and that you can now enjoy the dry side of life!!!!!!!

jody
Unread 04-05-2004, 09:03 AM

I am soooooooooooooo happy for you!!!
Unread 04-05-2004, 11:12 AM

GO BLOSSOM GO - I'm so very happy for you.
Unread 04-05-2004, 02:14 PM

Oh Blossom!! Such wonderful news!! It's all behind you now (pun totally intended!)

I'm so so happy for you. Enjoy that perpetual grin! I don't think any of us will ever take our bladders for granted, that's for sure!

Wonderful news!!
Unread 04-06-2004, 12:13 AM

Blossom,
Congrats s You Go Girl!! wonderful news

Christy
Unread 04-07-2004, 08:37 AM

Hurrah Blossom!!!! :

I"m so happy for you!!! Welcome to the Dry Side!!!!

Is it time to light our Bonfire now?

Re the bladder: Mine felt "achy" for a couple of weeks, it would cramp a little and stop and start at the end of voiding, but now I am peeing with abandon, like normal. It will get better every day.

Remember to take good care, and rest!!!!

Fluffy Lemur
Unread 04-07-2004, 08:34 PM

Can't light the bonfire just yet, we still have a sister 'out there' who is yet to be unplugged, and that is Frances Stephenson who had her op on the same day as me. See the post: Still waiting ...sorry! But it won't be long now and we can set the match then have a collective squat to douse the flames!

Blossom

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register