Any News??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Any News???

Has anyone heard from Mariacoo lately?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2004, 03:23 PM
No and I'm Getting Anxious

But let's keep praying and hoping each day is better than the previous one.
Unread 04-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Last post I saw...

was on 4/3 on the memorial thread for TammyDW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Any News???

Hi, I was wondering how she was doing too. We'll keep praying.

Monalees
Unread 04-13-2004, 08:05 AM
I'm still here

Hi there,

Yes, I'm still around. It's always so good to hear from you guys. Have not been able to get on net much at all as I have been on an IV and has many of you know, veins after chemo and radiation don't do too well.

Nothing too much changed here. I think I have a uretha fistula. I was a bit agravated for a while, since the dr's kept saying it was just an infection. But after 'leaking' for about 3 weeks, they finally tested the leak and sure enough. The biggie problem is that they can't find the location of the leak, other than 'maybe' it's on the right uretha. I have had 2 right kidney catherters put in and both have failed. From what I understand, if they would have worked the right uretha, would have healed itself. I don't quite understand how it all works. Thursday this week, they are going to try again, not thru the kidney but thru my vag. end of the uretha. I'm hoping for not too much pain on this, as I already know that the ones in the back kidney hurt. Ouch.

As for anything else, I don't know. I'm just so anxious at the moment. The cancer, is it gone? My stoma, will it live? Will they remove my kidneys? I'm sorry, I wish I had better news. But I want to reassure you ladies who are new, that what I'm going thru is NOT normal. I have been told this time and time by dr's here and what I have is so rare. The stoma problems, the extenteration (except for bladder) the leaking, it's all not normal for vaginal cancer.

I have found out though that humor makes things better. My husband and I always joke about how after I have been sitting for a bit on a chair or walking without my sponge vacuum on, that I"m so crazy that I just pee anywhere, not even bother going to the bathroom. On Easter, we had a little wine, a half glass and I did it again and now all the nurses say don't give her wine, you don't want to see what happens! lol Also I found that I again am doing puzzles, a great tension reliever. And also good for keeping your mind awake as well as being useful if you can't use your hands very well. I has worked for me. I just finished a puzzle of a lovely 17th century painting. I was not able to use my hand due to IV being there, so this was an ideal thing.

I wish you all the best in your treatments. We will get through this.

Much love and thanks so much for thinking of me. It means more to me than words can say.

Maria
Unread 04-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Maria--Good to Hear From You!

Oh go ahead--have a little more wine! Honestly, you've had such a long haul of this--and here you are still going along day by day... I am just amazed at you. You have a million more times the courage and stamina I do, that's for sure. Each day--a bit better--no more problems allowed--still got people praying for you and will get you in the church book again. Puzzles are fun--I do some on the computer once in a while. I'm into Free Cell solitaire on the computer, a matching game, and dominos, of which I have yet to win a single game. Plesae keep in contact with us.
Unread 04-13-2004, 08:26 PM
so good to hear from you MariaCoo

... you sure have been through a lot but I admire your strength and great courage - it has inspired me!!

You are on the right track - humour is excellent and not only does it get us through some very difficult times it can also help us in the healing process so it's also healthy for us.

I have started to take a therapeutic art class that is run by one of the Cancer facilities and while I am not at all artistic it is helping me direct my mind on other interests and helps me to relax so the puzzle you worked on or anything you love to do, even listening to lovely music will all help in the healing process.

I wish you much happiness and health - please continue to keep us posted. We truly care!!
Unread 04-14-2004, 08:43 PM
Any News???

Maria Coo,
I had to cry when I read your post. It was so good to hear from you! I'm sorry about all the problems you are dealing with. The wine, the puzzles, the laughter, your hubby, the nurses--all those things will help you, and we will keep on praying, also about the fistula problem.

s from
Monalees
Unread 04-15-2004, 07:12 AM
Any News???

So happy to hear you're ok.
Unread 04-15-2004, 07:59 AM
Any News???

Hi Maria,
I have not replied to your post before, but have been "lurking" for quite a while. I am so impressed by your courage andyour ability to see the humor in what can be dredful.
I smiled when I read of your leaking. Due to a spinal injury at birth I have had a not so cooperative bladder all my life. I learned very early that there is no shame or blame in something that is intirely out of your control. I did learn early though not to party to mouch whenI was in colege. I am now dealing with a VERY stubborn UTI thought be the result of my radiation teatments so I am so aware of the bladder thing.
Have you thoug about books on cassette to help pass the time? I have listened to them for years when driving, but found a good bood to be very good at taking my mind of everything. YOu can listen without the trouble fo holding a book. I sometimes fine myself sitting in my garage in the car because I don't want to stop "Reading".
My prayers are with you Maria.
Jean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register