I'm a wreck!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm a wreck!! I'm a wreck!!

Unread 04-07-2004, 06:27 AM
I'm a wreck!!

I go to the Castle in an hour! I can not stop crying!! I am an emotional wreck. Do I really need this surgery? Am I doing the right thing? I have so much dought and concern! I am scared and confused! I feel like I have very little control right now. I don't even know how I can put all that is going through my mind right now in a note The fact that I will never give birth everything has hit me. I know that this note makes little sence. But neither do I right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2004, 06:29 AM
I'm a wreck!!

Well, from reading your DX, yes you do need the surgery. Take a deep breath. Go wash your face and say a little prayer. Try not to stress. I know it is easier said than done. It is going to be ok. Think positive. It will be ok. My prayers will be with you.

Hugs,
Karen
Unread 04-07-2004, 06:31 AM
I'm a wreck!!

*hug* sister :0 .....just remember why you are doing this..............sick to death of the pain.....and all the outher crap........stand tall sister i know you can do this.....take a deep breatha and step off.......a whole new life is on the outher side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2004, 06:33 AM
I'm a wreck!!

Hi Cowazie
First of all.... s to you!!!!

I know how you feel, never having given birth. Me too. That just makes this whole hyster thing that much more "final" and scary.

Darlin....you have thought all this through I am sure and you are doing what is best for you. I feel for you....from someone who's been there, I really do understand.

I know you're scared, as I am fully planning to be a basket case the morning of my surgery. Know that I am thinking of you, as are all your "sisters".

If you're concerned about having a child.....there's always adoption. Don't mean to sound smug sweetie, I am just saying that is an option. It's what I did, after I finally admitted to myself that I was never going to get pregnant. It was the best decision I ever made.

Sorry I can't help more, but know that I care.

big huge s and love and thoughts and prayers coming your way. You will be fine. Good as new even. probably better.

Tam
see you on the other side
Unread 04-07-2004, 06:41 AM
I'm a wreck!!

I know its really scary. I was petrified when they wheeled me into surgery, but I was awake probably 2 minutes in the operating room and then didnt really wake up again until hours later in my hospital bed. What you are going through is a big deal. Your feelings are totally normal, but you will get through it and feel much better afterwards. Just take it one day at a time now.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you today. I'm sure alot of the sisters on this site will be thinking of you and praying for you today as well. You arent alone by any means! Take care and let us know how you are doing when you are up to it and back home.
Unread 04-07-2004, 06:45 AM
I'm a wreck!!

Hi Cowazie,
I have no great advice ~ but I send you many hugs & prayers.
Please think of how much better you will feel when this is all over. I can only imagine how hard this is for you, but we are all here when you need us.

Will be thinking of you and sending healing light & energy.
((((hugs))))

Love & Prayers,
Michelle
Unread 04-07-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm a wreck!!

There are plenty of women who schedule their hyst and back out at the very last minute.

Its important to make double sure you have explored all your options before you schedule your hyst. There are viable options and treatments that should be explored.

Cancel the surgery if you need to. Do your research. No one should try to talk you into or out of this surgery. This is between you and your doctors (notice plural. I assume you've gotten more than one opinion?)

Hugs to you!
Unread 04-07-2004, 09:47 AM
I'm a wreck!!

Not sure if you will get this message before going to the castle.. but know you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I got myself into such a state of craziness 3 days before going to the castle.. that I was sound asleep when they came in to put me under. Now.. I don't remember anything.. except I was laying there praying.. talked to the doc for a short time.. and then I was in my room and the surgery was over. I can't say that part I regret.. because I didn't have to go through the last hour of waiting.. I slept right through it.

Anyways.. know you will be in my thoughts and prayers.. hugs.. and please let us know how your doing when you arrive home.

Your in HIS hands~~ God bless you!
Hugs...
Karin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register