Rectocele, Vault prolapse and i need a tvt - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rectocele, Vault prolapse and i need a tvt Rectocele, Vault prolapse and i need a tvt

Unread 04-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Rectocele, Vault prolapse and i need a tvt

I also had a TVH. It was because of uterine prolapse and fibroid tumors. Everything was going well until almost 10 months later when I felt vaginal pressure AGAIN! Well my vaginal wall was prolapsing and my gyn sent me to see a UROGYN that specializes in pelvic reconstructive surgery. UROGYN said that I needed the abdominal surgery because if it was done vaginally the success rate is not as high and my vagina would be shortened too much. Had the abdominal surgery. Dr. used mesh to hold up vaginal wall and suspended my bladder. I didn't have any bladder problems prior to surgery. Also removed my ovaries as a precaution because I had cysts. I won't lie to you, but the TVH was alot easier recovery! The abdominal incicision was large and I am a little overweight and it made it more difficult as my "tummy" was leaning on it. I am now 7 weeks post-op and I feel like I have something else going on. I also have urinary incontinence when I sneeze, which I've never had before. I actually feel like I have another prolapse going on. I see the UROGYN on Monday, as he is away and I have to wait til he gets back. I wish I could paint a better picture for you, but I can certainly sympathize with you! Feeling better is all we want!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2004, 01:33 AM

thank you for your reply,

i am so sorry to hear you are having problems after surgery. Sounds like you have had it real rough recently.

I am not convinced at all to have the surgery until i am older and so are my children. After reading so much information and threads from others, it seems i have a greater chance of increaseing my problems than sorting them out.

I hope nothing else has prolapsed for you.

Did you have a rectocele performed when you had surgery.

take care
Unread 04-17-2004, 08:20 AM

(((Nicky))) Please discuss the issue of waiting v/s having the problems addressed immediately with your doctor: while I know that respecting the restriction rules is very important to avoid further prolapse, waiting may increase the prolapse you currently have, hence making repairs more complicated. It could also mean that the repairs may have less chance of holding

If you decide to wait until your children are older, you may want to investigate the alternatives to surgery: they may not be enough to ward off surgery completely, but might be indicated in order to prevent additional damage as you wait for a more opportune time.

(((Debbie)))): I'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time One thing I remember, is that early in my recovery after the TVH I was convinced that the prolapse was back because I could feel this all too familiar bulge at the entrance of my vagina. I did have it checked out by my doctor: turned out to be swelling from healing tissue Hopefully, this is what is happening in your case also. Please keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2004, 01:57 AM

Dany

thank you so much for staying in contact its so nice to get here and find advice from people who have been there and done it.

I have asked for another appointment to see the colo rectal doc and the gyn and i am going to ask them what they think is best for me.

Having the rectocele scares me, i dont want to have the epis cut done. I wonder if they could do it with out having to cur right through that area.

But i am going to check to see what they say.
thank you once again
Unread 04-20-2004, 08:28 PM

Well I am happy to say that I saw the Doctor yesterday and I also was told that the bulging I feel is the healing tissue. It is amazing because you really do get the feeling that something is "falling out" again. Nicky, please make sure that you weigh your options carefully. It is true that the prolapse does get worse and the more you lift, strain, etc. the worse it gets. It is not easy to deal with a prolapse but surgery is a major event. You have to do what is right for you. If you had your children vaginally, then there is a good chance that the incision won't hurt as much afterwards because you already have scar tissue. I had my hysterectomy vaginally and the pelvic repairs were done abdominally. I think that if I had an abdominal hysterectomy I would have had less problems afterwards because they would have been able to take care of everything to ensure I would have no more problems. Anyway, I had a urogynecologist do my repairs. My gyn referred me to him. A urogyn also does rectocele repairs. My gyn prefers a urogyn to a colorectal dr. because a urogyn specializes in pelvic repair. Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register