severe pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-10-2004, 04:09 AM
severe pain

Hi Im back .I was at moms place .While sis and my parents were at church ,I developed severe abdonimal cramps to the tpoint where I was throwing up nd couldnt stand . I managed to sms her and she got out as my parents were stuck there . Their car was unable to make an exit bec of the crowd.I was in the castle for 24hrs on a drip ,dehydrated from thropwing up.The blood test results showed a high white blood cell count indicative of some kind of infection

The Dr based on th symptoms didnt think it was residual endo spots causing pain therefore held off giving me the hormone jab . Im on a course of antibiotics .Because of the high white cell count , mild fever ,abdominal cramps and throwing up yes and diarrhoea he thought it wass probably a GI infection of some sort . Im still bellyachey but Im glad to be home

Im not going to be on much for afew days

mei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2004, 08:15 AM
severe pain

I am so sorry to hear you went through this. Please know we are thinking of you and hope you are feeling better soon.

Unread 04-10-2004, 08:39 AM
Hugs

Gentle and take good care of your princess-self.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2004, 08:57 AM
severe pain

Sweetie, I'm sorry you had to go through all that. Wish I could be there to help you in some way. In the meantime, I'll pray for you today.

Blessings are sent your way.
Unread 04-10-2004, 09:26 PM
severe pain

I had bad pains through the night . I walked over to the neighbourhood clinic today and the dR gave me a changeof antibiotics to something stronger .

I have been told that my kids should stay at moms despite the intestinal thingy not being air contagious as Im not suposed ot prepare their food until my diarrhoea or such clears up .
mei
Unread 04-11-2004, 12:31 AM
severe pain

Have you had your appendix out? I don't want to scare you, but your symptoms are very much like my daughter's symptoms when her appendix ruptured.
Her doctor's office kept saying she had the "flu", but when we took her to the ER a surgeon was called in and knew in about 10 seconds what was wrong with her. She had surgery immediately and recovered very nicely with no complications at all.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 04-11-2004, 01:07 AM
severe pain

They didnt think it was appendicitis . I got prodded all over the abdolmen and my painw as worst in the middle .Granted that we live ina tropical climate and I had eaten out that week food poisoning came to mind . Im supposed to go back to the clinic tomorrow if it doesnt clear up

mei
Unread 04-11-2004, 02:04 AM
severe pain

(((mei))) please stay on top of this, OK? The symptoms you are describing sound like a pretty bad infection. Depending on where it is, the antibiotics might be able to take care of it but they might not.

When I was just under four weeks post op I developed severe abdominal pains (mine were in the lower left) and fevers. I had a high white count, too. My urine tested negative for a UTI; an ultrasound showed nothing. Turned out I had diverticulitis that had perforated my colon and turned into peritonitis. It took a whole month of two antibiotics together to get rid of the infection. It came back a year later, and they ended up removing most of my colon as a preventive measure because repeated episodes could lead to it rupturing, which is often fatal.

Not trying to scare you but you need to be aggressive about finding the cause of the pain if you don't start feeling better very quickly here. It could be the same as mine; it could be an abscess of some kind on your bowel (perhaps it could have been nicked during the surgery and the nick gotten infected - rare but it happens).

I really really hope it's just a bad reaction to something you ate, or a virus, and it will be gone tomorrow. If it's not, then definitely get in and get seen, and let us know how you're doing, OK?
s,
-Linda
Unread 04-11-2004, 04:05 AM
severe pain

thanks .. I will go see the Dr tomorrow if I dont feel better . I want my kids home.

I was so resolved to give my tumy a rest and stick to the Drs orders and not eat solid food, but I caved in *SOB*.. i got too hungry and heated up a batch of noodles I cooked some weeks back and froze for emergencies

But then again IM two months or so post OP . It cant be peritonitis at this stage ???

mei
Unread 04-11-2004, 04:42 AM
severe pain

I suffer occulogyric crisis with anti nauses meds like clebon . So I ant take stemetil a nd maxolon which are related . When I do my eyeballs roll up out of control . Im functionlly blind

so long as the hospital knows and doesnt feed it to me unknowingly .. most of the time .. when I have been wheeled in bec of my throwing up and pain the first thing they scream at the nurse is : get the maxalon ... then I whine I cant tke that .. they go get the stemetil I holler I cant take that either takes them awhile to figure out there are other alternatives

Im limited to avomine and one other med which not all hospitals stoick up on I cant off hand recall the name .

mei

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register