More surgery.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More surgery.... More surgery....

Unread 04-10-2004, 11:50 AM
More surgery....

I am scheduled on Tuesday for a laparoscopy. I have been having chronic pelvic pain for a while now and it seems to be getting worse. They think it could be endo and I am so scared! I am also scared that they go in there and don't find anything. They are going to take out my appendix while they are in there because I have also been having some right lower quadrant pain. I am freaking out!! I don't want anymore surgeries. And I especially don't want endometriosis back!! I'm feeling pretty down today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2004, 02:32 PM
More surgery....

aliz

Sorry you are facing yet another surgery, hopefully they will get to what is causing your pain and you will then heal and need no more surgery after this.

s
Unread 04-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Amy

So sorry you're still experiencing pain a year after surgery.

If you're feeling pain in your right quadrant, it could be gallbladder, IBS...anything, really! I've heard that the endo-monster can reappear after a hysto...but does taking your appendix out promise to give relief? I dont' know how old you are, but most doctors are reluctant to remove an appendix once you're over 30 (supposedly it isn't going to be a bother after that age?)

The day of my tah, I asked my doctor if she was going to take my appendix and she said no, because at age 37 if it hadn't gone bad, it wouldn't in the future, most likely.

I'm not trying to talk you out of anything, just wanting to make sure you've explored your options. There are lots of hystersisters here who have/had endo. and they could give you advice.

Best of luck to you, sister! I wish you pain-free days.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register