fearing ct scan results - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

fearing ct scan results fearing ct scan results

Unread 04-18-2004, 12:22 AM
fearing ct scan results

Jackie,

I can't quite figure out how old you are, but your doctor is misinformed if he thinks cancer doesn't hit younger women. I shared a chemo room on Monday with a beautiful young girl who was undergoing chemo for Stage 3 ovarian cancer. And she was SEVENTEEN years old. Seriously. She has just been accepted into college. It was very hard to believe.

I was 37 when I was diagnosed with Stage 3 ovarian cancer. My doctor has other, younger patients as well.

Please see a gyn/onc as soon as you can. While cysts do come and go, I have never before heard a doctor say that tumors come and go with a menstrual cycle.

It is also important to note that at the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance conference, which I attended, I sat at a table with a 31-year-old who also had recently completed chemo for Stage 3 ovarian cancer. Her CA125 before surgery was 8. It is important to remind your doctor that CA125 tests are not always accurate, and they are not a marker for everyone.

All of this said, I sincerely hope that you do not have any sort of cancer. I just want someone more qualified to take a look at your scan, since ovaca is so often misdiagnosed for such a long time.

Keep us posted. I'm also interested in why your liver might be enlarged.

s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2004, 09:16 PM
fearing ct scan results

I am currently 40 years old I will be 41 in July My cervical cancer was found four years ago this Month. I had my Radical hysterectomy with lymph node dissection four years ago this coming May 21st. I guess this is what confuses me the most is that I have already had reproductive cancer so i would have thought they would refer me back to my original ob oncologist to have the testing done just to be on the safe side. Well i am not going to worry about it until after I have the ultrasound I will see what it shows and go from there I just don't want them to miss it if it would be cancer I want it caught early. I have had so many people in my life that have passed because there cancer was diagnosed too late. My grandfather my aunt my cousin and many Friends. None of them were what I consider old enough to pass away all in the prime of life. It's really a shame that the medical profession preaches preventative medicine but they don't listen to there patients when they come to them with problematic symtoms.
Unread 04-19-2004, 06:29 AM
fearing ct scan results

Jackie,

Don't let the doctors minimize your symptoms. Ov cancer can hit at any age, as the others have said.

A gyn/onc might be able to give you better and more specialized information.

We're all praying for you and sending you best wishes--just remember that doctors are health-care contractors, and it's perfectly fine to find a better one if you are not at ease with what's happening.

Keep us informed.

Blessings.
Marlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2004, 05:13 PM
fearing ct scan results

The ovarian cysts you have are common. There are cysts that come and go with ovulation. I get them too. However, the one thing I have learned with all of this is to be a real advocate for my own health. I would have someone else look at the slides and perhaps ask for another CT scan be done in a few months. It probably is not OVCA but taking the extra step for peace of mind is priceless. I have had several CT scans even though they are not a part of follow up for stage 1 cervical cancer.
Unread 04-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Fearing CT Scan results

I had a Radical Hysterectomy in November 2003 for Cervial Adenocarcinoma stage IB. Recovery has been more difficult than I had imagined and now I am having some of the same similar symptoms that you are having. I am going to visit my Oncologist this coming Monday. I basically just want you to know that I completely understand how you are feeling, but want you to know that God is in complete controll. He has brought me through this terrible situation and I am going to completely rely on him to bring me through every other situation I face in life. Yes, I do still think about it and get scared sometimes, but how awesome to know that he is there to carry us through the bad times. My motto is "Live for today and let God take care of tomorrow." I will be thinking of you and praying for you. I know you will be just fine!!

Have a super week!
Unread 04-20-2004, 08:19 PM
CT Scan / Ultra Sound

I am post TVH by 3 1/2 yrs. I went to the ER for abdominal pain, thought I had UTI. Not so, they found an mass backing urine into my kidney. I await surgery to restore kidney function and to remove the mass. I know the way your feel - waiting. The only thing I can say is try to be persistant to address symptoms early and get the best doctor you can find. I know that these ladies know a great deal and it is good to keep track of the success stories on this site. I try to stay focused on that!
Wishing you well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register