sore boobs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-11-2004, 04:28 AM
sore boobs

had a bad night last night, sleep just would not come. lay this way and that, got back up 12ish. trod the boards on here for about an hour, about 2 finally went to sleep, woke upat 5, so got up, anyway, got really sore premenstrual boobs today, is this normal? kept my ovaries, am 17 days post op. are they asleep? i wish i was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2004, 07:50 AM
sore boobs

Hi, I kept my ovaries also, and about 1 week post op my breats swelled up and had hard like nots in them, it was painful. I'm just wondering if the ovaries got freaked out because of the hyst.

Take Care,

TechChick
Unread 04-11-2004, 08:33 AM
sore boobs

I kept both ovaries. My PMS sypmtoms seem to be milder since my surgery. However, I do still have some symptoms: breast swelling and tenderness, slight headache, and a bit of moodiness. The good news is I no longer have the excessive bleeding, cramps, and backache.

If you have PMS symptoms prior to your surgey chances are you may still have some symptoms after surgery if you keep your ovaries.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2004, 05:15 PM
sore boobs

I too had them. When I went for my 6 month check up discussed with my doc. He said since I still have my ovaries but no longer on birth control I will get the symptoms of PMS. I was waking up mornings with the feeling of HUGE BOOBS, but my husband reassured me they are no bigger. The doc prescribed a water pill for the days I have this discomfort. I also have been experiancing headaches which I mentioned to the doc and he offered a script for that but I told him I would manage with Advil.
Unread 04-12-2004, 08:56 AM
sore boobs

Fran.K

I had my surgery the same day as yours and I am now having my first pms symptoms since. My boobs are tender and I am a little bit irritable. I guess it's all normal being the ovaries are still intact. It did make me feel better feeling this way cuz now I know the ovaries are working I guess. It's so funny knowing had I not had the surgery , I would be starting my period soon! Yay! I'm excited to get through this point because that is when it all feels real that this is over.

Yesterday I feel I was on my feet too long. Went to the in laws for Easter dinner and I noticed it was the longest I have been on my feet since surgery. I came home with a bigger swelly belly and more bleeding. The funny thing is that I didn't have bleeding before my dr did the internal exam, I just had a discharge. He must have aggravated stuff in there and me not getting enough rest isn't smart either. I am at this point now where I feel like I can do more but I have to remember my dr's instructions/ It does get frustrating.
Unread 04-12-2004, 07:24 PM
sore boobs

I just ovulated for the 3rd time since my surgery
which is 11 weeks ago tomorrow. My boobs are swollen and sore like before my surgery. I don't remember my ovary hurting like this before; in fact I think many times I was unaware of ovulating. I mean, let's face it, compared to the pain I was in when I got my period, this is nothing. But I am sore when I ovulate for about a week, and it's always been on the left side. Maybe the right side hasn't woken up yet - not sure!

Does anyone else feel sore where the ovary is?

Robin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register