What's your funniest moment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your funniest moment What's your funniest moment

Unread 04-11-2004, 10:12 AM
What's your funniest moment

in the castle? I thought it would be fun for a few chuckles... (get the tummy pillows ready!)

Here's mine:

The night after my surgery I had developed a fever. My temp. bounced all over the place--nurse thought her thermometer was broken, so she got another...same thing. She told me it may be "hormonal". I kept my ovaries, but sometimes it takes them a while to "kick in" again. I had been shivering, so I put on a sweatshirt over my hosp. gown. All of a sudden I awoke hot and sweating--& kinda irritated. The blasted hospital gown was all tangled around my hips & legs & I was struggling to get the sweatshirt off, sweating like a pig... I had one arm half way out of the sweatshirt, and it was up over my head so I was choking and all caught up inside, when my dr. walked in and asked, "What are you DOING?" (Nurse had called him because of the fever) I was so embarrassed, and they had to help me out of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2004, 10:35 AM
Funniest moment

Watching while the head nurse and the anathesiologist tried for 15 minutes to figure out why my IV alarm was going off every time I pushed the pain-med button - only for them to discover that one switch hadn't been flipped to the right position.

My tax dollars at work...
Unread 04-11-2004, 10:53 AM

Hmm okay my only funny momment was while I was in recovery. I kept swearing up and down to the nurses I had to use the bathroom and they had to keep reminding me that I had a cathedor and I will be just fine!!

Luckly for me I had great nurses who even understood why I didnt want to take a shower yet til Espn showed me the highlights to the Sacramento Kings game!!!:eyes:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2004, 12:05 PM

Thanks for the laughs, Ladies!

My funniest moment was right after I got home from the castle...had lunch and demerol....started to nap....the phone rang, a friend of mine picked it up and handed it to me ( it was a long distance ring....so she thought I should talk). It turned out to be a telemarketer...I fell asleep on them! My friend started laughing hysterically....that's what woke me up.

Well Wishes to All!

Happy Easter!

Peg
Unread 04-11-2004, 12:16 PM
paracetomol - oral or anal?

I remember seeing the funny side of everything after I came back onto the ward from recovery. Maybe the fact that it was hard to laugh made me want to laugh even more.

I was given a dose of paracetomol (put into the rectum - can't remember the term for it) during and after the operation. The day after this one of the nurses handed me two paracetomol tablets and I just looked at them wondering what she wanted me to do with it, until I realised it was a normal tablet to be taken orally. We both couldn't stop laughing, and I was holding on to my stomach for dear life.

Sister of Mercy (TAH)
Unread 04-11-2004, 12:23 PM
2 of the funniest for me

When I was in the Castle I had a bed that make the awfullest sound when I put it in the sitting position. The bed would kind of grunt or fart. A nurse told me to tell the doctor (they could hear it plum to the nurses station it was so loud). Well they where waiting for me to pass gas before I could go home. When the dr showed up I told him and he asked "What kind of sound" so I laid the bed down and put it back in the sitting positon and he said " That would not work to say I passed gass"

After I was home for a week my mother went with me and dh to Walmart. After we left she said she wanted to go to Western Sizzler to eat. Well we have a SUV that only has two doors with a back seat and since I couldn't get in the back to let my mom have the front she had to get in the back. She got out just fine at Walmart but at resturant she go stuck getting out. I got tickled as I couldn't help her so my dh went to help her and he got tickled. I had to get a way to get laughing under control and when I did I messed up and looked at them and lost it again since she was still stuck.
Unread 04-11-2004, 12:57 PM

When my GP came to visit the evening after surgery...I love this man so was thrilled he came to see me. Well I guess I talked his ear off and he was too polite to leave...I told him I liked his shirt, his tie...then I asked about his kids. His son had just graduated from college in graphic design and I told him my neighbor was a gd'er. Next thing ya know he is giving me his son's business card and I am promising an interview...dh just laughed because he knows I think this Dr hung the moon and happens to be a little cute.

Sharon
Unread 04-11-2004, 02:13 PM

My funniest moment was that evening after surgery I was watching t.v. with my husband I started itching down there and I pulled down the covers and pulled up my gown to itch and I started yelling oh my god I am bald!!!! my husband was laughing hysterically! I hadn't noticed because I had a catheter and didn't have to go to the bathroom.It was the ugliest sight .LOL
Unread 04-11-2004, 02:45 PM

i came back to ward just in time for visiting, and DH was there waiting for me. is DH there, i shouted? yes, he's here, lets just get your bed in place then he can see you. H** heg88ro0fk I said, what? the nurse said, i siad HAS HE GOT ANY FOOD! I don't know where i thought i was, but everyone in ward thought it was hilarious
Unread 04-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Shopping at Wal-Mart

My family was sitting around the bottom on my bed at the castle. They were admiring the air cuffs that they had on my legs to prevent blood clots. They were talking about how wonderful that must feel. I was still coming out of my haze and was practically drowling on myself, couldn't keep my eyes open and I pop up and tell everyone in the room that they can buy them in CHECK LANE 13 at Wal-Mart with the AS SEEN ON TV items. The sad part is I was right you can get them on check lane 13. The whole room about fell down laughing at me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register