spoke to Prince Charming finally | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

spoke to Prince Charming finally spoke to Prince Charming finally

Unread 04-12-2004, 07:54 AM
spoke to Prince Charming finally

Hi ladies
I've been off the computer since Thursday so I've been having "sister withdrawal"

After all the annoyance with Nurse Poopy Pants, I likely won't have to talk to her again because I finally got to talk to my gyn...Prince Charming. He called me at home on Saturday night because he knew I really needed to speak to him about my concerns.

He was sooooooo sweet. Everyone needs a doc like this. I told him I had a bunch of stupid questions, and he told me the only stupid questions are the ones not asked. He's heard it all before. I was really concerned about my incision so he said he could do a bikini cut on me because I'm not really overweight (hahahahahhaha I'm 5'2" and 175 lbs....lots of muscle, but really poofy in the stomach). We had a long talk about my cervix, and he recommended we take it out becuase I likely have adenomyosis, which may have grown into the cervix, and so I'd still have a "bleed" every month.

Nuh uh.....I never want to bleed again....so take it out I say! He laughed at the idea of a maxi-pad/tampon burning party!

I also finally got to complain about how much pain I'm in. He's not surprised. The reason I can't get any relief is because I'm not taking enough pain meds. Hmmmmm makes sense I guess. So he explained that if the pain takes hold, you have to stay on top of it with the meds. I'm now supposed to take 2 tylenol 3's every 3 hours as needed. So I started this yesterday. Hurray....I finally felt okay for the first time in months. Well, my pain level was knocked down considerably, but I felt kinda spacey.

so, now I feel a bit better, but I don't know how I'm going to be able to concentrate at work when I'm so spacey. Guess I'll just have to work it out.

Only 9 more WEEKS to go.....I'm ready to check into the castle right NOW.

Just checkin in and keeping you all updated on how I'm doing. Hope you all are doing well

Tam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2004, 07:57 AM

He called you at home on Saturday night?? Wow, make that man a plate of cookies!

I'm glad you finally got to speak with him. And he's right about the pain meds. I'm one of those "I'm tough, I can handle it people" but after my 1st c-section one of my nurses told me I'm supposed to take the pain meds BEFORE I'm in pain....makes sense.
Unread 04-12-2004, 08:01 AM

I KNOW!!!! Saturday night?????
He and I had been playing phone tag all week. So he told me he decided to take my file home and try to get me over the weekend, as he was concerned about me.

AAAAWWWWWW, how sweet! He's getting cookies, cake, candy, flowers, balloons, and everything else I can think of after my surgery!!!!

He told me I'm going to hate him the day after surgery becuase I will be in pain. Darlin, the pain i'm in now is enough to make me want to scream, so what's a little more on top of that?

He PROMISED that I should have a 90% reduction in my chronic back pain once the surgery is done. WOOOHOOOO....Is it wrong to tell your doc that you LOVE them????

Tam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register