DX..Uterun cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DX..Uterun cancer DX..Uterun cancer

Unread 04-12-2004, 05:31 PM
DX..Uterun cancer

I have been through alot of what i ave read on this board,(just don't know all the terms)ive been thru 3 weeks of pain and worrie first week went had my sonogram 2nd week went and got results and come to find out they had a hard time finding my right overy (found) and then my left one has a cyst on it the size of a grapefruit..so they go ahead and to the biopsy (endromial) one and sent me home i sleep i was in pain and found out this week 4--7 that the uteruis is big and that i have cancer on it and that she was going to try to stop the bleeding with hormones and i asked wait why not with all my past comp[lications give me a hystroectomy she said ya ok so we are now waiting for that while i am on the hormones to try to stop the bleeding or slow it down and it's going on 2 weeks that iove been on it and there is no chance but worst the bleeding is horrible.....then they tell me it could take 4-6 weeks for a app to meet the Dr that will do the surgery.......im scared
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2004, 06:40 PM
DX..Uterun cancer

Dear Camie,
I am so sorry to hear that you have to wait for so long! The waiting is so difficult. Especially when you are bleeding and in pain! I also had to wait, for money and insurance reasons -- I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer in early November and didn't have my hysterectomy until Dec. 10th. I was bleeding a lot and in a lot of pain also. But finally I got the hysterectomy -- no more bleeding! And the pain of recovering from the hysterectomy is an "easier" kind of pain to deal with. So there is a "light at the end of the tunnel!" I'm sorry the time between now and then is so long.

Best wishes.
Love, empresse
Unread 04-12-2004, 07:41 PM
DX..Uterun cancer

Hi Camie.

I'm so sorry that you are having to wait so long. Any chance that you can get them to hurry it a bit? Have you consulted a gynecological oncologist? They're the experts in gyn cancers.

Well, we are with you here and you know you can come here to vent anytime you need to.

Prayers and good wishes are coming your way!

Blessings.
Marlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2004, 08:19 PM
DX..Uterun cancer

I am so sorry that you are in so much pain and that you have to wait so long!

I will keep you in my prayers
mcshell
Unread 04-12-2004, 10:23 PM
DX..Uterun cancer

Camie,
So sorry about the pain and the waiting. That is the worst--everything else will be easier than what your are going through right now. You're in my prayers.

Monalees
TAH/BSO for endometrial & endocervical cancer/Dec 02, no further treatment neeed
Unread 04-13-2004, 10:09 AM
DX..Uterun cancer

Hi Camie,

Being a woman certainly is not easy, is it?

We really do go thru alot.

I agree with Marl..Please go see and oncolgist/gynocolgist. They are the experts in the field and know exactly what to do.

I find it hard to understand why the wait is soo long. I had my hysterectomy within a week from the time of diagnosis. And the reason it took a week was because I had to have lots of pre surgical tests done.

Keep us up to date.
Rosalie
Unread 04-15-2004, 10:58 AM
DX..Uterun cancer

I agree with those who have suggested that you see a gyn/onc!! Mine is also a professor at the medical school associated with the hospital and was so up on latest treatments, etc. My pre-surgery diagnosis was grade I endometrial cancer; post-surgical was grade II, stage IIa. I will undergo 25 treatments of radiation (3 internal, the rest external) for prevention. I had my TAH/BSO, pelvic washing (negative) and lymph node dissection (23 nodes all clear) on March 3. My first day back to work was yesterday. I have a backache from sitting in chair at work all day yesterday, but am starting to feel better since I brought my buckwheat hull pillow with me to stuff behind me and support my back more. I had an uneventful surgery and recovery. The worst part for me was waiting--waiting for test results, doctor appts, surgery, pathology reports. Please take care of your self; keep positive thoughts and check here often. I got so much information and strength from this site. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You will get through this. I told my boss that although I would have never wished to have cancer, it has almost been a blessing to me. I don't worry about stupid "small things" such as traffic jams, etc. and I now appreciate the important "small things" such as warm days, friends praying for me, grandchildren bringing me their own artwork, etc. It has made me realize that life is indeed precious and I am so thankful for the people thoughout my cancer treatment who have been kind to me, that I have become a kinder, gentler person to the people I interact with daily. I'm sorry this is so long, but I just wanted to give hope to others as has been given to me.
Unread 04-15-2004, 11:57 AM
DX..Uterun cancer

Carol, you are so right! There is something about having the word "cancer" in your diagnosis that, after the initial fright, can bring about a major change in perspective. Whenever I get all frazzled about something, I just remember what it was like to be riding down that hospital corridor on a gurney into the OR, wondering what sort of nasty "surprises" might be in store for me once they biopsied everything. And suddenly, the things that bug me seem pretty silly.

And it's true, after you've looked at your own mortality, life becomes better than ever -- and mine was a great life even before all this happened! I believe in eternal life after death, but this life is a prelude, and a precious and delightful one. Cancer taught me to savor each moment of it.

Camie, hopefully you'll come through all this with the same kind of experience.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 04-15-2004, 12:55 PM
DX..Uterun cancer

Marl,
Ain't that the truth!!! Now when little things begin to bother me, I just think, 'how important can this be? I've had cancer'! All those other things pale in comparison.

I never thought I'd say this, but my life is better since I had cancer. It truly is. I'm not going to waste time sweating the small stuff. My kids are nearly grown, both will be in college next year, and it doesn't matter that my younger son isn't going to Harvard! He'll be happy no matter where he ends up. Four years ago, with my older son, I was a total wreck about colleges! Now, it just doesn't seem important. I'm enjoying my life, because now I realize how precious it is, and what's important and what's not. When minor annoyances emerge, I just say to myself, 'get a grip, it's not CANCER'!

Hugs,
Janie
Unread 04-15-2004, 01:05 PM
DX..Uterun cancer

Janie,

It's amazing how many women here have the same experience! And I hope that our writing about it will encourage those who think that normal life ends when cancer is diagnosed. I think I'm more normal now!

Blessings.
Marlene

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register