Surgery set--prayers, please! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery set--prayers, please! Surgery set--prayers, please!

Unread 04-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Surgery set--prayers, please!

Well, I have the date and time for my lymph node dissection: Thursday April 15th, at 11 am. It has been 3 months since my diagnosis, and believe me, I am on my last nerve. I am an absolute wreck--so emotional, so fearful, so depressed. I should probably be happy--this surgery will give me the answers I need, and will be the first black-and-white element in a journey that has been nothing but shades of grey. I love my doctor. I have been waiting for this surgery for over a month. But I am still afraid of what those little tiny lymph nodes will reveal.

Please, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers on Thursday, sisters. I need your collective strength to help me through.

Valarie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2004, 12:19 AM

Stella,
I think we can all identify with your emotions. We've been there and it's awful.
Can you remind me, why are you having your nodes sampled?

I'll be thinking about you and saying a little prayer that all be well and ALL negative nodes.

Hugs and comfort,
Janie
Unread 04-13-2004, 12:25 AM

Janie--

My path report came back "microinvasive cervical cancer with focal lymphovasculr involvement." Had I had a dx of cancer before surgery, they would have taken the lymph nodes then. But the cancer was a big surprise to me and the doctor both. My gyn/ oncologist thinks the chance that the nodes will have cancer in them is low, but we both thought it would be pretty awful to go through radiation if there was no reason to, and the only way we can know is to do the lymph node dissection.

Thank you for your prayers.

Valarie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2004, 05:49 AM

Hello Vallerie,
I really hope your lymphnodes will be cancer free. I'll keep you in my prayers. The waiting and not knowing is the worst. Good that your op is that soon.
I send you a hug.
Tinka
Unread 04-13-2004, 06:14 AM

Valarie,

Prayers and good wishes are comin' your way....whatever the drs may THINK....they don't know. No one will know till they get in there. Look at it this way, your DR was surprised at the cervical cancer....may the surprise this time be NO cancer in the nodes or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm sorry that you've had such a long wait, but in two days the wait will end, you'll have answers, and you can get on with your life.

God bless.

Peace.
Marlene
Unread 04-13-2004, 07:36 AM
Good luck!

Dear Valarie,
I will be praying for you and thinking of you during this time. I am glad you will soon know, and I pray that the results of the dissection will be NEGATIVE! How long will you have to stay in the hospital for that surgery? Let us know how it goes

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 04-13-2004, 09:39 AM

Dear Valerie,

I will be lifting you up in prayer all day. I can totally relate to the way you are feeling. My second surgery has been scheduled for April 27th. I just thought I was coo coo until all of this happened but THANK GOD they found it when they did - we have so much to be thankful for.

I'll be waiting to hear your results.

Donna
Unread 04-13-2004, 04:03 PM

Valarie,

Sometimes I think that the waiting is the most nerve wracking part of this process. I wish you the best of luck as well as praying for a positive outcome for you. Know that you are in all of our thoughts and prayers.
Unread 04-13-2004, 06:12 PM

Val,

I'll remember you in the mischabereh prayer for healing on Friday night

Dorrie
Unread 04-13-2004, 06:31 PM

(((Valarie)))

Good luck on Thursday! I hope those lymph nodes come back crystal clean and Cancer-free! Please come back when you're feeling up to it and let us know how it goes. You will be in my thoughts and 'ers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register