? About Hospital Stay | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

? About Hospital Stay ? About Hospital Stay

Unread 04-13-2004, 08:23 AM
? About Hospital Stay

My doctor told me after my TAH (keeping my cervix) that I would go home the next day. After reading the posts I haven't heard of anyone going home the next day but instead staying 3-4 days in the hospital. Am I missing something? He said I go in for surgery and stay overnight for observation and go home the following day. Has anyone else gone home the next day after TAH or have been told they could go home the next day after their TAH?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2004, 08:47 AM
? About Hospital Stay

I suppose it's possible that your insurance will only cover one night's stay at the castle, but it doesn't sound reasonable to me.

I would check with the doctor to be sure. Tell him you're not comfortable with only staying one night.
Unread 04-13-2004, 09:01 AM
? About Hospital Stay

My doctor said I am staying 3 nights and thats that! You should double check with your doctor and or insurance company. But I am sure your doctor would not release you if he thought you were not ready. Good luck!
Hugs - Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2004, 09:02 AM
? About Hospital Stay

My Dr said I am staying at least 2 nights.
Unread 04-13-2004, 09:49 AM
? About Hospital Stay

They say that I am staying two nights-already approved by insurance-but insurance says if I need to stay longer will have to get approval. What is wrong with this picture that my insurance company-not my doctor-determines how long I can stay in the hospital? I really don't get it!
Unread 04-13-2004, 09:53 AM
? About Hospital Stay

I wouldn't have been ready to go home the next day. I stayed 3 nights. Two nights might have been enough for me, but I was glad the nursing staff was there to take care of me in the hospital -- so was my family.

Good luck!

SusieQ
Unread 04-13-2004, 09:54 AM
? About Hospital Stay

My dr said that mine would only be over night. He said that's what it would be if everything went as planned and there was no unforeseen things that happened (blood loss, etc.).

I almost kissed the man when he said that....I'm a very nervous smoker still trying to figure out an escape route for a quick cigarette while I'm there.
Unread 04-13-2004, 09:56 AM
? About Hospital Stay

I had pre-op yesterday, and they said usually two nights.
I hope I can go home in two nights, I think I would feel better at home!
It has been 15 years since I have been in the hospital. Not looking forward to it!

S.
Unread 04-13-2004, 10:03 AM
? About Hospital Stay

I had mine at 3:00pm on Friday and went home on Monday 10:00 AM. I think one day is a little too soon. I would have not been ready to go home on the next day.

Tina
Unread 04-13-2004, 11:24 AM
? About Hospital Stay

I went for pre-op on Friday. I'm scheduled for TAH on 4/20, Tuesday, 7:30 a.m. My doctor said I would be released either Thursday evening or Friday. I'm actually hoping for Friday, I think it would be easier for me to handle the hour drive home after a "good?" night's sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register