6 week post oppers....how are you doing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 week post oppers....how are you doing? 6 week post oppers....how are you doing?

Unread 04-14-2004, 05:06 PM
6 week post oppers....how are you doing?

Went for my 6-week checkup today! Doc says everything is good to go! Yippee! Said to come back in a year. So, although feeling a little tiredness and fatigued here and there I feel really good and am glad that I can now get on with a period free life!

How are all you 6 weekers doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2004, 05:11 PM

I will be 6 wks on the 20th...I feel great...I can not wait to be released...I need to work off some of this flab I have put on while I could not exercise...bad thing is...DH is in Kansas and I won't see him again until the end of May!!!
Unread 04-14-2004, 06:13 PM

Had my 5 1/2 week check up today..was nervous because I wasn't sure if I was going to have an internal. I did end up having one but it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I am cleared with no restrictions..just have to learn to deal with this hormone rollercoster.....I kept my ovaires but my doc says my hormones are still adjusting and I am still adjusting and grieving for my loss. I can't wait till I feel better emotionally, but at least I can work out now. Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2004, 07:17 PM

6 weeks today and first day back to work as a hairdresser. it was so nice to at work and making money....i to was released to do what i want in moderation, listen to my body. she said see oyu in 1 year. that made me nervous after spending the last few month close to her....but glad to be back to almost my old self i to need to work off that flab so kindly gained over my time on the couch..glad to off that tooo..well best wishes to all. and for those of you not quite as far it does get better...donna
Unread 04-14-2004, 08:04 PM

I will be six weeks post op this fri...I am doing more then ever. Today was a tougher day then earlier in week. I vacumed yesterday and I hurt in middle of night..did jury duty and I was a bit in discomfort and made it thru ok. was very tired...jury duty got over two hours early...I was happy. Go in for my six week on the 20th. I will know then what dr clears for me in the way of work. I am amazed how fast i turned the corner on beginning to feel my own self. The fatigue today was awful. The pain on left side has subsided pretty much...
I expect to have my good and bad days. I can hardly wait in some ways to go back to earn some money.
but going to miss having time off to goof off more.
So far no complications...Im blessed. By the way the swelly belly is really back today...I want to work off this bit of weight I gained from lying around.
love ya all
teresa
Unread 04-14-2004, 08:15 PM

I will be 6 weeks this Friday. I go in for my check up on Monday.
I am feeling real good. It still hurts to lay on stomach. I just have to move slow. But, a big difference from where I was 6 weeks ago. I mopped the floor today. It was yucky. It was a strain on the stomach. I was surprised. Up and down stairs is about the tuffest thing. I still can get pretty whipped if I do to much. In 9 days I am going to Disney World for a week. So I have to be up to that. And I can't wait till the DR clears me for sex.
Good Luck
Unread 04-14-2004, 08:35 PM

I'm doing good but back to work this week. Achy inside more than in the past two weeks; I guess it's a reaction to not being able to sit in my recliner so long. And I'm already tired thinking about the lack of rest I'm getting this weekend. I have work commitments thru the weekend too. Will probably have to work only part time next week too, at least any days I can manage that.
Unread 04-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Hi All!!

Hey there gals......Glad to hear many of you are doing good.....i'm 6 weeks post op.....went back to work this week.....haven't done the full day yet but i'm feeling much better.....just feel sore at times around the incision.....vertical cut from below the belly button all the way down to the pelvic bone......
But looking back 2-3 weeks ago of the way I was.....i'm not going to complain about this soreness that comes once in a while...
Wow....driving the car now.....going out when I feel like it.....moving around more.....no more gas pains that were sooooo painful........laughing, coughing, sneezing with not to much uncomfort......hey what else can a gal ask for!!!! ;-))
Well good luck to all of you.....we're only going to get better now....
God Bless....
Tiggy
Unread 04-14-2004, 11:29 PM

I am six weeks tomorrow(Thursday) and now with a bit of understanding I am feeling like im almost there. My two complaints were the pain when i lifted something.. duh... and being tired all the time. Thanks tothe advice here I asked and received blood tests to check my horemone levels. It turns out that my body isnt absorbing the estrogen I have been taking. My level was 40 and it should be 150 or so. I go in for my 6wk check up on friday and will maybe try a patch or something other than premerin... glad to know I wasnt just being a couch potato and being tired from doing minimul stuff!!

We made it ladies.. and by summer we will all be wearing whiteshorts with NO WORRIES!! well maybe just some worries.. haha..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register