Surgery done--great news, unexpected news.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery done--great news, unexpected news.... Surgery done--great news, unexpected news....

Unread 04-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Surgery done--great news, unexpected news....

Well, I'm back from my laproscopic node sampling, and in a surprising amount of pain. According to the doc, I was FULL of adhesions (news to me--had no pain) and in order to get to some of the lymph nodes, he had to destroy my ovaries--hence, the surgery became a BSO as well as the sampling.

The good--no, GREAT news? They did a frozen section on the likeliest lymph nodes for cancer spread while I was still in the OR--and the news was--CLEAN! CLEAN! CLEAN! I have to wait 10 days for the official path report, but this is for sure a great start.

A million thanks for all your prayers and encouragement in the past weeks.

Valarie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2004, 09:56 AM
Squeaky Clean!

I'm sorry about the BSO but that news does sound so very great! Now may all those other nodes be very boringly normal!
Unread 04-16-2004, 09:58 AM

Dear (((Valarie))) First, I am so sorry you are in a lot of pain and that they found adhesion. Obviously having many adhesions and removing the ovaries, was a more extensive operation than testing for lymph node alone. Given some experience with chronic pain, I know that sometimes after a proper interval trying different pain meds can help but hope things get better soon for you and thus there will be no need for this.
I am very glad to learn the preliminary news about the lymph nodes has been so good and will pray this prognosis remains. It certainly is a positive start.
Please get plenty of rest and drop in when you feel like it to let us know how you are doing. s and blessings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2004, 12:20 PM

Valarie....congratulations on the first lymph node and may the rest be equally uneventful!

The community has been praying for you here and will continue to do so, but it'll be nice to give them the initial good news!

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 04-16-2004, 12:41 PM

Yay for clear lymph nodes! Many congratulations! Sorry to hear that you had to have a BSO as well, but as long as they were in there, they might as well just go ahead and remove everything. Now you won't have to worry in the future.

:-)
Unread 04-16-2004, 03:41 PM

I am glad you got such wonderful news. I hope the pain quickly goes away and you recover quickly.. Good news will speed recovery.
Unread 04-16-2004, 06:27 PM

Hi Val,
You certainly have had a lot of surprises! Here's to only good surprises from now on.

My grandmother died of ovarian cancer and I plan to get rid of my ovaries as soon as I hit menopause. (unless a good early detection test comes out in the mean time)

I noticed that you taught sewing. I took sewing lessons a few years ago in right near your home in Nyack at Joann at the Palisades Center Mall.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register