New, my story | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New, my story New, my story

Unread 04-16-2004, 08:22 PM
New, my story

Ok I am a 28 yr old female. I have no fertility problems. But my cycles are from h***. Very heavy bleeding painful cramps, passing clots.. I am scheduled to have surgery on june 23 but its will be moved up if there is a cancelation/ I have suspected endometriosis, and ovarian cancer runs rampant in my family. My periods have always been a probelm. But they have gottem nuch worse in the last 6 months.. My dr agreed to move up my date {if there was a cancelation} After I broke down sobbing and vomited on her floor becuase I was in so much pain. She doesnt want to take both my ovaries. I WANT her to. I am having a lvh if possible, other wise it will be abdominal. I am sick to death of being in bed an entire week every month. Of crying, of cysts. Of having to sleep on my cold bathroom floor to keep from fainting. In the last 6 months I have went from 3 day cycles to anywhere from 6 to 10. I cant take this anymore. last week during my period one night I slept less than 2 hours due to pain that felt very much like my labor did..Horrible back ache. Like someones ripping it out my navel , and cramping that took my breath away. If I hadnt known better , I would have thought I was delivering a baby.. I also have a bad time with b.m. during my cycle. It hurts so much that I sometimes vomit...usually I at the least have a good sob, and PRAy.... soooo..... hopefully I will get to go in sooner, becuase if I have to do this 2 more months. I am gonna freak... also off my period now, but having pelvic pain and a pulling sensation, with what feel like a stabbing pain in my vagina... Does anyone else have any experience with these symptoms, and is there anything I can do to aleve them. I am on lortab with no releif... any advice would really be appreciated... thanks so much....stephanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Poor baby !

I do know what that pain is like.
Obviously I am not a Dr. but can only tell you my experience.

I am 46 and except for vomiting have been through everything you have been through.

I have never had children but a friend of mine who has these same female problems said when she gave birth it was just like having a period except she did not vomit !

I have had endo and ovarian cysts since my teen years. Did Lupron injections, birth control pills, laproscopes to get rid of cycst and endometriosis.

I am having a total hysterectomy including ovaries in less than two weeks. The scar tissue is so bad from the years of endo that everything is all full of scar tissue.

I WISH I WOULD HAVE DONE THIS YEARS AGO!!!!!

I understand the Dr.'s concern at removing your ovaries at 28 but with your family history of cancer and all your pain I don't blame you for wanting to get rid of them. Perhaps a second opinion is in order???????????? If you KNOW what you want, then you need to stand up for it.
You are in my prayers.
Sharon
Unread 04-16-2004, 09:49 PM
New, my story

I am also wondering, have you tried any treatments, such as Lupron, BCP's, to stop your periods until you can get in for surgery.

I know the pain you have described, the vomiting, bleeding, and clots. I have been dealing with such things since I was 14 or 15. I have been on meds to make me stop my period, meds to make me start my period, again on meds to stop the period, but not working, and meds for pain. (Vicodin is what I take for severe pain)

Nothing has really worked, although, I did try the Lurpon a couple of yrs ago. I like that, stopped the period, had no pain, but did experience night sweats, hot flashes, and mood swings. For a yr after, not too many problems. Then all of a sudden, I was in pain again, and all the symptoms returned. I was suppose to go back to my dr last Sept - Oct, but my DH was more important at the time. I spent from Oct - Feb, trying to keep him alive. Seemed like every time I turned around, he was in the hospital because of his asthma. Found out the dosage on his Advaire needed to be bumped up. They did that, and now DH is a new man.

Then it was time for me, I needed to get into the dr, the appointment I missed, was my 6 month check up. Had to have exams every 6 months after my last surgery. But any way, I went in for my exam, went on Depo-Provera as a treatment. Decided this one, because I knew several people who love it. Since then, I have been bleeding off and on, and in tons of pain. Which has brought me and my dr to the decision of surgery.

Kedi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2004, 10:23 PM
New, my story

I have been on all sorts of pain killers, they started me on tylenolw/codien. Then I went to anaprox, propoxcy{?} toradol, a few others I cant remember and am now on lortab. I have been on birthcontroll before to help and it did a little. But I have since developed a blood clot wich means I cant take it anymore and will most likely be unable to take hrt. I am looking into some natural methods. My 31 yr old sister had to have a th last year due to similiar problems. My mother had a full hysterectomy at 25 due to ovarian cancer, my grandmother had ovarian cancer and it took my aunts life roughly 3 yrs ago. I am very worried as is my husband. I also should mention that I was severely sexually abused as a child and think some problems must be related to that. Before going to the dr I went to counseling to make sure this wasnt all in my head due to the trauma I suffered as a child. He assures me it isnt in my head. I didnt think it was, but wanted to make sure. I am hoping they move my surgery up and I dont have to go trhough this another 2 months....
Unread 04-16-2004, 10:32 PM
New, my story

ok well im in the same boat as you im 26 and having a tah and can't wait ...i have had bad periods all my li8fe sents 10 and now it hasnt stoped int he lasst 4 months so somethign needs to be done and my dr to try tog et the bleeding to slow down some put me on a hormone called Prometrium 400 mg due to the 200 not touching it and it has slowed down finally after 4weeks of being on it but i still am going to have the tah done....i wish you luckk

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register