Too Young? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Too Young?

I had an awful emergency DNC last year. I needed 4 units of blood afterwards to put me back to normal. I was so scared. My mom was worse off. I was 32. My doctor didn't explain anything and made it seem like a fluke. When we discussed hysterectomy he's the one that dissmissed it. Now he is retired and symptoms are arising early on this time. The new doc says the hyst... is high on a shelf but wants to do an Edometrial ablation. He explained the reason for last year.. a polyp. Never even hear of that word before.

My mom had her hyst.... before 40. She thinks it's all for the best to get it done now why I have the chance and it's my decision. The nurse in the family says the other is too "new" for her taste and I should go all out.

I feel my brain is so fried researching every chance I get but calling off work when dizziness hits is making me more nervous. Any ideas? When I ask for my husbands thoughts... It's my decision not his. My friends like the easier recovery rate of the other one. But for it to all over and never worry of a recap of last year would be awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Too Young?

Are you done with having children? You need your uteruos to have more children. If your done--you don't need your uteruos. I for one do not want the pain anymore. BUT, I also know that hormone's can be an issue in my future sooner then expected. That is the hand off that I am will to take because my life right now is a slave to my pain. I don't want pain to control my life anymore. I hope this helps. One more thing, I could not have made this decision without an OB-GYN team of Drs that I believe in. My life is in their hands and the hopes of my family to get their mom/wife/daughter/friend/neighbor back.
Unread 04-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Hi

My problems are different than yours but I can only tell you that I am 46 and wish I would have done this years ago. Too many years of pain and suffering. I know people much younger than you who had to have hysterectomies.

You may want to get another opinion before you make any decisions.
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Too Young?

hello i had my TAH/BSO 2 weeks after my 33 rd birthday and now i wish i would have done it even sooner but make sure it is the right time for you evertbody is different you do not want to have regrets in a year from now i did not want to live with the pain anymore it was time to enjoy life and my kids but make sure you are ready emotionally best of luck in whatever you decide it has to be your choice
Unread 04-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Too Young?

Hi! I just wanted to tell my little story real quick.
First I am 28 years old and a mother of 3 boys. After my youngest was born I had heavy bleeding that would last 22-25 days straight and then have 5-10 off and start all over again. This all started when I was 27. Because of my age the dr. recommanded the Endo. Abla. by Novasure. I said ok and that was in June of 2003 by Oct. of 2003 I was scheduling my hyster. I have heard that the End. Abla. works for some people and ..yes I would have to agree that the recovery time is obviously shorter and less painful. However, IF I had know then what I know now, I would have just had the hyster. ONLY because I have 3 kids and a husband and work that had to "plan around" and get organized not once but twice in just a few months of each other.
If you want my opinion and this is something that you can "plan" around your life and family. I would say go for the least invasive and less painful way...try the endo. abla. and IF that doesn't work then go form there.
Unread 04-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Too Young?

Bunny Noise,

I am also 32 yrs old and am having a TVH on Monday. I have a large fibroid on the back of my uterus and it causes back pain, problems with stools, and periods that will last two to three months heavy and spotting the entire time. I have three children, ages 5, 7, and 9. They gave me different options but the problem was that they were all temperary and when I stopped treatment the fibroid would only grow back. I am to many years away from menopause to stay on pills and chemical treatments and I wanted things to get better on a permanent basis. I am done having children and I have cervical cancer in my family so it was best for me to have this done. The best thing to do is look at all your options and pray, pray, pray. We sisters will also pray for you and keep you in our thoughts. Let us know if we can help.

Kimms
Unread 04-18-2004, 06:43 AM
Too Young?

I am only 25, and am waiting for my castle date for TAH, losing cervix, but keeping overies. I have got 3 kids already, but hubby and I have always wanted more, but had to decide which was more imprortant to us..having a normal happy life ( as I am currently a wicked evil witch!) or another baby. Long heart breaking discussions follwed, and in the end the decion was made for me when I was told I was unable to carry children anymore.

Ive tried everything available to me here in the UK, and the choice to have the TAH was not taken lightly, and it scares the hell outta me, but I cant wait now, i just want to be normal again, to be able to look after my kids and home without help from friends.

And remember, as a sister said to me the first week I was on the site...... You dont have to pregnant and carry a baby to be a parent, there are kids out there who need moms and dads, no womb doesnt have to be the end to the family increasing
Unread 04-18-2004, 07:05 AM
Too Young?

My advise to you is to leave hysto as your last optionn. Wished i would have. I kept my ovaries, but still haveing hormonal problems. Would never have done it if i could go back.
Unread 04-18-2004, 07:22 AM
Too Young?

you don't list much of your history in your post so it's hard to offer an opinion but I can tell you that if I had it to do all over again I would have pushed for the hsyt much much sooner! I am 46 and have dealt with problem periods my whole life. I had my first D&C at 19. I was on BC pills for several years after and really didn't have too many serious problems during those years. Then i put up with too many years of heavy bleeding, etc....all the stuff that goes along with this whole mess! I had an endometrial ablation about a year and a half ago and was sooo pleased with the results...for exactly one year. I was period free, pain free, and had almost no pms symptoms for that first year. HOWEVER....that only lasted for a year. In October of last year I started spotting and cramping. The spotting and light bleeding would have been ok except that the pain and cramping has gotten gradually worse until here I am today with CONSTANT pain that is so very much worse than any pain I ever had before the ablation. Now I am waiting for a date for the hysterectomy and wishing that I had just insisted on the hyst in the first place (just like my mother said I should..LOL)
I know that everyone's situation is different and you have to make your decision based on what's right for you but if I had it to do over I wouldn't have had the ablation. Good luck to you in whatever way you choose to go
Unread 04-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Thanks to Hyster Sisters

Thanks to all that responded to my Too Young post. Getting feedback from others in similar situations is helping me not fall apart in my decisions. I just started having pain and problems a week ago I feel that I was so paranoid to run to the doc. But after hearing from others I realize the sooner the better to see what the "warnings" are about. I am getting the second opinion on Tuesday from a female doc. I don't know why that makes me feel so much more comfortable to talk to a lady vs a man, maybe because I won't feel she will hold back on anything. Thanks again for all your support!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register