Gross! I can't BELIEVE this!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gross! I can't BELIEVE this!!! Gross! I can't BELIEVE this!!!

Unread 11-07-2000, 09:21 AM
Gross! I can't BELIEVE this!!!

My LAVH was 31 days ago. Last night I passed a piece of rotting flesh, about the size of a fingernail. It smelled and looked like a little piece of chicken that got caught in the sink drain. No wonder I have a yeast infection. No WONDER I've had such a bad odor. aaaargh!!! When I told the DR at my 2 week check-up that I had an odor, like onions, he said, "Hmmm..never heard THAT one before." Well, it has gotten WORSE than onions. Now I see why one hyster sister described her odor as smelling like "fresh meat". I'm going to call my doctor and tell him about this. I guess it got caught in the stitches, and now that they are dissolving, it came loose?
[Edited by Little Bit on 11-07-2000]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2000, 07:23 PM

I am truly sorry for what happened to you but I laughed so hard at the wording of your message. It was great. DOCTORS! I SWEAR! I'm sure the last thing (or one of the last things) you wanted to hear was that he'd never heard THAT one before. Makes you feel so warm inside, doesn't it?
(I posted a gross message on this board, too, if you care to take a look at it--I posted it on 11/5--Subject: Open, Gaping Wound). Hope you're feeling better.

Unread 11-07-2000, 08:55 PM

I called him and he put me on an antibiotic. I'll go check your gross story out. I didn't used to like gross stories, but now I seem to be drawn to them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2000, 09:04 PM

ooh! Owwww! ooh ooh OWWWW!!! I just read your post. I didn't know such things happened! Of course, I've never heard of my experience either, but....WOW! I sure am glad I had a LAVH instead of TAH. Yeeee-ikes!
Unread 11-08-2000, 11:36 AM

Glad you found my story. Speaking of doctors (were we?), mine said it's more common to get an infected incision when the same site has been used before. Well, I had a C-section in 1988 and a fibroid removed in 1994. So this is my third surgery in the same place! Why the heck didn't he tell me I had greater odds of getting an infection BEFORE the surgery. I would have taken a different option, that's for sure. SHEESH!

Hope you're doing well. What's for dinner tonight? Chicken?
Unread 11-08-2000, 08:20 PM

Chicken spaghetti mmmm mmm good!
[Edited by Little Bit on 11-08-2000]

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register