Me again...blood clot question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Me again...blood clot question Me again...blood clot question

Unread 04-19-2004, 07:03 AM
Me again...blood clot question

Hi everyone,

I am 3 weeks post op. I had a TAH. I had some spotting on and off. I went to my 2 week appointment and he examined me but did not do a full internal (does that make sense)? Anyway he said that I was doing too much and to basically do nothing for the next 2 weeks. I am trying to do that but I have done a couple of "light" things. Yesterday I passed a blood clot about the size of a quarter. I really do not want to call him again so does anyone know if this is normal or not. If I do call he will have me come in and I will not go back into the hospital. Does anyone know if he could tell if my "stitches" are healing or not? I am sorry if this makes no sense but I am so frustrated right now. Thank you for reading

Tracee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2004, 07:56 AM
blood clot

I passed them on and off for a couple of weeks. They dont start worrying unless they are sizes of golf balls or bigger. I bled red and brown for 8 weeks after my hyst. The doctor said you could bleed up until 8 weeks and of course I lasted that long!!
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:05 AM
Kris

Hi Kris

Thank you for writing me back! You made me feel a lot better. I think I will just wait and see how things go.

Tracee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Me again...blood clot question

hi tracee,i also passed a few yuckie clots and i got scared and called the dr and the nurse told me not to worry that it was just old blood leaving my body but if i wanted to be seen then the dr would see me but he wasnt worried so i stopped being worried and im also not bleeding anymore so she musta been right ...take care deedee
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Delaine

Hi

Thank you for writing I talked to the nurse and she did say that I should stay off my feet and try to do very little.....that is so hard for me to do! Your post made me feel better Thanks again.

Tracee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register