MEdication that helps??? Can I avoid another surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MEdication that helps??? Can I avoid another surgery? MEdication that helps??? Can I avoid another surgery?

Unread 04-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Question - MEdication that helps??? Can I avoid another surgery? MEdication that helps??? Can I avoid another surgery?

So is there medication for stress incontenence? I am hoping to avoid surgery, AGAIN!

My Dr canceled my bladder surgery that was supposed to happen with my hyst at the last min. She said after that fun test...what was that called?...my bladder was too small to do the procedure she was going to do...not the sling, but the other thing..cant remember the name. Anyway, she said it might make me more uncomfortable, feel like I had to go all the time (even more than I do now).

I am considering doing something still. It is just crazy to live like this. I keep seeing ads for this TVT thing, but it is yet another surgery! But only a local. But, there is another recovery time of no lifting, sex, etc. I just went through that hyster & with a csection a year ago!

Has anyone tried meds? I seem to have a combination of things. Stress inc, small bladder (which makes me feel like I have to go often), and doesnt empty as well as it should. I dont know if there is medication that will help.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2004, 10:44 PM
MEdication that helps??? Can I avoid another surgery?

i've been dealing with bladder issues (chronic cystitis, urge/stress incontinence) for the last 15 months..as far as i'm aware there is not a medication that really helps stress incontinence...the medications you see advertised on tv are mainly for overactive bladder (urge incontinence)......i recently (6 weeks ago) had the Monarc Subfascial Hammock placed and it really wasnt a big deal..its supposedly the latest sling procedure..the surgery is done laproscopically and vaginally and is virtually painless..there is very minimal risk associated with the procedure also...the surgery is generally done on an outpatient basis and the initial recovery period is 7-14 days with full recovery within 3 months.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register