last week obsessed, this week forgetful | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

last week obsessed, this week forgetful last week obsessed, this week forgetful

Unread 04-21-2004, 01:34 PM
last week obsessed, this week forgetful

i have had to recount my days to surgery countless times...just had to look on the calender to get the right count. i have five days til surgery, i leave for seattle the day after tomorrow. i have been back in spokane for 3 days and have accomplished nothing. i called my dr's office and couldn't remember what it was i wanted to ask (still can't) i have my list of things to do, i think i head out to do one thing, and i forget what that one thing was. reviewing the list does not jog the memory. AARGH.
my gf just called to see how i'm holding up, i said i wasn't accomplishing anything. her advice was this: stop doing. go get a book, turn the tv on to a cartoon, cover up and do nothing. so, if i can remember that, that is what i'm going to do...except i have to go get my u/s records, and pick up my ds from school. ah.... maybe for just an hour! i have thought about packing but i don't know what. my garden remains unseeded and apparently unloved, and i know that if my dog had real hands, he'd pat ME on the head and reassuringly tell me i was a good human. and i still haven't figured out the hrt thing. HELP...i know i'm not alone and am thankful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2004, 05:57 PM

Hi emm,

It does get a little mind boggling waiting for this surgery. I felt so scattered and out of it just like you. I could not focus on what I was doing when I was doing it.

I wish you well , and pray that all goes well for you. You are not alone, your sisters are here going through pretty much the same thing and feeling the same as you.

s
Unread 04-21-2004, 07:59 PM

Don't worry. Everything you forget will still be there or you will not have needed it at all. Relax, rest up and get ready for recovery.

Have you ever started laundry then forgot it? Well its still there.

Have you ever went to get something and couldn't remember what it was? well either you really didn't need it or you will get it next time you think of it.

Have you ever thought of something you wanted to do, then
Duh what was it.
Not important that's what , if it is you will think of it later.

So chill out and believe you are not alone,someone or something has borrowed your brains and they are going to put it brain back in. It has been missing hasn't it?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register