3rd opinion? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-22-2004, 08:18 PM
3rd opinion?

My first gyny examined me, looked at the pelvic ultrasound and said 'fibroids - bulky uterus - you need a hysterectomy' - the 2nd looked at the pelvic ultrasound, didn't examine me and said, no fibroids you need a hysterectomy - so I'm going for a 3rd opinion - i know I need a hysterectomy to control the blood loss and repair the prolapse but I'm petrified of hospitals and operations and my nerves are shot! It's good to read that other dear ladies are also worried.... I'm not alone! I pray for us all - God bless : >.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2004, 05:06 AM
3rd opinion?

Hi, mysweet

I'm sorry that you are feeling nervous, but it's pretty normal to be worried about surgery, and a hysterectomy is major surgery. But if it gets to be more than you think you can handle, please tell your doctor, because there may be something very mild that he can prescribe that will help.

If you are not comfortable with either of the gynecologists whom you have already gone to, then a 3rd opinion is, of course, a good idea, but it may be that they will not be able to tell for certain what's causing your heavy bleeding until you are in surgery.

If you aren't ready for surgery at this time in your life, I'd like to suggest that you visit the Hyster Sister Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives Forum and also the HS Resources Options and Alternatives Directory while you're waiting to have an appointment with your 3rd doctor. You may find an alternative that you could discuss with your doctors.

I wish you the best as you continue to read and to research. Please keep us posted.

S
Unread 04-24-2004, 09:46 PM
Thank u Karen

You're right, possibly they won't know for sure til they operate. And I'm definitely NOT ready for surgery because hospitals etc are my biggest phobia - I'll never be ready but it has to be done as I'm so tired of it all. I have panic/anxiety/dep and I am petrified but the sooner I get it done, the sooner I recover. Sorry I'm just a great big chicken and I am on med to help control my fears. See the 3rd gyny May 4 and I pray I like him and he can op ASAP - thank u for caring Karen x x x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2004, 02:31 AM
3rd opinion?

I would definately go for the 3rd opinion. I saw a new doctor taking over my old doc's practice. He looked through my file and did a pelvic exam and from my history said I needed an endo. I felt rushed in that decision and opted for the 2nd opinion. Had it this past Thursday. This doc was great I mentioned the endo vs hyst theory I came up with and she said "Hold on, we need and ultrasound first to know what is really going on and then I will be happy to discuss either surgical procedures "if" I need one." Wow, I was very impressed and she told me of taking vitamins with iron and gave me a prescription for Motrin 600mg for the pain I was having/plus taking it for my cycles to keep me light. Now why didn't the other doc even go the extra mile and request the ultrasound? I am glad I chose to see another doctor that will answer all my questions and wait for the facts before jumping to a conclusion of my "history" like the other doc did. Not to mention he called this week and left a message that since I didn't reschedule if I was considering the procedure we discussed and if so call or he needs to re-file my records. I felt like he was giving up on me. So definately hold out until you find the right match of a doctor that will see you through it all and give you the answers to calm you down in your decisions. Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register