Calcium&Magnesium-What is best Brand? That will absorb? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Calcium&Magnesium-What is best Brand? That will absorb? Calcium&Magnesium-What is best Brand? That will absorb?

Unread 04-24-2004, 07:12 AM
Calcium&Magnesium-What is best Brand? That will absorb?

Hi Sisters,
Still trudging on through hormone jungle here....... I know is important to keep up on Calcium and Magnesium for overcoming bone loss - but how do you know if your body is absorbing it?
Are there any Brands that absorb well? Of course anything you read at Walgreens or any other Pharmacy they are going to brag about their brand of supplements. ???? Anyone know.??
Thanks.
My Mom passed away in 1986 and only have my Aunt to gage and Auntie has Osteoporosis and that hump back... She is very worried about me going thru Surgical Menapause right now... Plus I have lately Horrific Migraines (Doc gave me Frova) and NECK and BACK PAIN and Doc manipulated my neck & Back(FELT GREAT)... **Also One other thing.... I got a new GYN DOC and I got a 2nd OPINION---(FIRST DOC (for no reason) wanted to do a D&C on me... SECOND DOC says I AM FINE THERE. **Don't ever let any DOC tell you that you need Operation without proof as to why(Iam so GLAD I got a NEW DOC). She is GREAT TOO and works hand/hand with my FamilyDOC who is Great. I am hoping to afford a MASSAGE TODAY for neck/back pain. **Thats all. Hangin in there... by June25 will be my Surgical Anniversary. Later then. Cattitudes to you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2004, 09:28 AM
Consumerlabs.com

Hi There

There is a website called www.consumerlabs.com (or .org) that independently tests supplements. I run all my proposed supplements through that site b/f buying just to make sure I am getting the safest and best quality. Not every bottle is acurately labeled.

They haven't tested all supplments but I know cal-mag is there. Furthermore, they are independently owned - like Consumers Reports so I know a company can't buy their approval.

Blessings - Suzanne
Unread 04-24-2004, 11:26 AM

I use Calcium Citrate as I have a very sensitive tummy and Calcium Citrate is more easily absorbed. I've steared away from the big brand names as they are so pricey. I found a good brand at Wal Mart called Spring Valley. The price is fair and the Calcium is good. Here's an interesting thread with some things to look for when choosing Calcium https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=62697

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2004, 11:38 AM

Hey all... thanks for Calcium tips.
I will give it a try.
** I am going for a neck/back massage this afternoon. Hubby said his hands are worn out. (rubbing backs is not his thing) But anyway.......lady lives 3 to 4 houses down from me and massages are done from her house (she is certified by our Chamber of Commerce). I am So.......looking forward to it. ahhhhhhh! Can not wait. **Thanks again for feedbacks... You guys are Wonderful Sisters! Cattitude! over and out! Thats a big 10/4 - no headache today...I feel good!
Unread 04-27-2004, 05:39 PM

Hey Cattitude! I just saw my compounding pharmicyst for the 1st time today. During my consultation he mentioned that I should be on a good form of Calcium that has vitamin D as well as magnesium. He said CITRACAL has now come out with this. Check it out! Take good care....~Kimi~
Unread 04-27-2004, 08:23 PM

I have Citracal Plus! Mine comes with magnesium, Vitamin D,
Vitamin B6, Zinc, Copper, Manganese and Boron. It's the Ultradense formula. I wish I could remember to take as many as I need. Also, I really, really like the chewable calcium that taste like chocolate and caramel but I keep forgetting to take them, too.

Be sure that you're not taking more than 500 mg at a time. Gotta spread it out over the day, which is why I don't usually get my required amount in.
Unread 04-28-2004, 04:29 AM

Thanks for the info. I can ususally only find Calcium w/ Mag. or Calcium w/ Vi. D. I've been looking forever for one that had both.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register