4 Weeks post-op and I feel great | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Weeks post-op and I feel great 4 Weeks post-op and I feel great

Unread 04-24-2004, 08:01 PM
4 Weeks post-op and I feel great

Hello everyone,

Well, here I am at 4 weeks and feeling wonderful. I'm still a little tender in the tummy area but it seems to be better and better everyday. I drove for the first time last Sunday and have drove a little more this week. I'd rather drive my truck because it rides better than DH's car and it sets up higher. I was able to run the sweeper a little last week and have been keeping the laundry done up. DH is still very concerned that I will over do it and be set back another 6 weeks. I need to get some weight off though before going back to work. Any ideas? I've cut pop (or soda, depending from which part of the country you are from) out almost completly and have been drinking water instead.

I go back May 5th for my week check up. I'm a little nervous about having sex for the first time. Oh man, I feel like a teenager again!!! DH wanted to try the outercourse but I am still reluctant to at this point. I took care of DH because he has been so wonderful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2004, 09:15 PM
Glad you are doing well

I love these positive posts as I have not had my surgery yet. Will on Wednesday and scared.

As for weight loss I am an Atkins low carb fan. My mom got a book about low glycemic index foods and has had good success with that.
I think when healing it is important to eat healthy but I wouldn't try to much to worry about dieting. You need to keep up your strength so don't cut your calories too much.
I was so nervous the past few days and not eating and felt really lousy. I ate three good meals today and feel better.

Take care and thanks for the hope. I have to go back in four weeks because I am single and my disability pay is only 100 a week. I am so glad when I hear these stories as it makes me think I might be able to go back in four weeks.

Sharon
Unread 04-24-2004, 09:50 PM
4 Weeks post-op and I feel great

I am also at 4 weeks and feeling pretty good. I have found that I tend to overdo it and then have a day or two where I need to rest more. I am doing laundry, dishes, picking up, easy meals etc. We tried outercourse last week and it was fine! I hope to start exercising more this week to take off some pounds too.

Sharon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register