Adenocarcinoma In Situ - Feeling alone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenocarcinoma In Situ - Feeling alone Adenocarcinoma In Situ - Feeling alone

Unread 04-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Adenocarcinoma In Situ - Feeling alone

Hi everyone. It is such a blessing that I came across this web site. Praise God.

I'm going for my TAH on 5/4/04 and I'm feeling a bit alone right now. I've been diagnosed with AIS Stage 0. I've had the Cone biopsy a few weeks ago and the cancer has not spread to anything else and it is surface and not grown deep into my cervix. The doctor said the type of cancer that i've been diagnosed with is glandular and therefore I have to have the TAH. Problem I'm having is that there is so many questions I have and I seem to be forgetting them when I go see my dr. Oh well, I'm gonna write them down before Friday (pre-op visit) and hopefully get some peace about this. I'm feeling quite alone right now. I have a DD but she's only 13 and no DH to help take care of me and listen to my concerns. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, just wondering how i'm gonna do this and not be a burden to anybody. Hopefully my recovery will be swift.

By the way, does anyone out there know the recovery rate for the type of cancer i'm diagnosed with? Has anyone gone through the same thing as I am?

Thanks so much!!!
Teresa:

frazzled:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2004, 09:30 PM

:Hug: Teresa,

Sorry to hear that you are going through this! It is very hard to get a diagnosis like, all the thoughts that run through your head are crazy! The good news is that yours is at a very early stage--as mine was. I had the same type of cancer as you, adenocarcinoma, but at Stage I. I'm almost two years post-surgery with no recurrence and I'm feeling great!

After surgery, the likelihood of the cancer returning is very very small, since the affected organ will be removed. You still need to get Pap Smears though just to make sure that you don't get a very rare recurrence in the vagina.

Good luck to you and keep posting with questions .
Unread 04-26-2004, 05:35 AM

Dear Teresa,

I am sorry you are going through all this mental turmoil. You will not be a burden to anyone I am sure. Do you have any family or friends that can help you after you are released from the hospital? I had a TAH and the post op period at home isn't too bad. You just can't lift, pull or push anything heavier than a phone. My biggest concern was not being able to play with or lift up my grandson who was 18 months old. We compromised and I would sit on the bed and he would crawl up and bounce or just come up and cuddle. You would be surprised at what can be figured out. I can not comment on your type of cancer but I am sure there are many here that can. Be well and I wish you the best.

Bertha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2004, 09:10 AM

Hi Teresa: I had the same diagnosis as you after my cone procedure and had a TAH last year. I was worried about the recovery time, etc., but it wasn't bad at all. The first week I was pretty sore from the incision, but felt good otherwise. I have had 2 pap smears since the surgery and both have come back normal! I am sending good thoughts your way!

Take care,
Sunny
Unread 04-26-2004, 12:23 PM

Your prognosis is excellent. It is 99%+ curable with a hysterectomy. I had a TVH 2 and a half years ago and have had normal paps since my surgery. The surgery was not bad.
Unread 04-28-2004, 06:12 AM

I had AIS and squamous cell carcinoma 1a1 i had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago, I had a LEEP that got all of the Squamous cell that was invasive, but the margins were not clear on the AIS, i had the option to have the LEEP again to get margins on the AIS, but i choose hysterectomy, i wanted the cervix gone...LOL. was a hysterectomy your choice, did they offer you others? when i had mine, the LEEP had infact gotten all of the cancer, i had a perfectly healthy cervix according to the path report, i wish you luck, i had a LAVH (which i highly recommend if it is an option) and i am now 2 weeks post op went for check up yesterday, she is l ifting all restrictions for me next week because i am doing so well! GOOD LUCK!
Unread 05-02-2004, 02:39 PM

Teresa,

Just wanted to let you know you are being prayed for. I too had cervical adenocarcinoma insitu. As I was reading you post, I was thinking this is what I had. I had a hysterectomy, abdominally removing the uterus and the cervix. My recovery was quick. I was on my feet in 1 1/2 weeks, moving sort of slowly but getting around. You will be surprised at quickly you can heal. Especially with lots of prayers. I have had 2 paps which have been normal.
You will be fine and your dd will love to pamper you.
Prayfully,
Draymond

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register