Live each day as if it was your last. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Live each day as if it was your last. Live each day as if it was your last.

Unread 04-26-2004, 12:22 AM
Live each day as if it was your last.

Sorry fellow sisters that I have not posted.

As you can tell I did not receive the surgery and I am not going to get the sugery. I was supposed to have a total pelvic extenertion on 4/16/04, however after being put under and opened up the docs discovered that the tumor had so far that it was now affecting my bones, nerves and my blood vessels; and to do the surgery would be for vanities sake only.

The doc came out spoke to my husband who then relayed this news to my family. By the end of that conversation everyone was either in tears and stinkin' mad.

I HAD TO MAKE A DECISION. I HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE. THE CHOICE WAS NO SURGERY.

Then I had to weigh all this on my mind so that I could make a decision regarding what I was going to do and how I was going to tell my kids. Of course they already knew what had happened. You see if the doc had gone through the surgery my recovery time was really really long, in fact it would oulast me. All the docs did was take out my ovaries. The pain was awful and yes, it is its a blessing to have all these great drugs to help you through the rough roads, I needed.

Everyone cried, got angry.............well, some of you know the rest. The most painful part of this was telling my kids.

The doc said in a nutshell is that I am dealing with a couple of months left to live so now I am going to enjoy what time I do have left with my wonderful husband and my beautiful children. So I am still not going to give up fighting, but I am also not going to sit around and wait for life to happen either. I am going down fighting.

I love all you faceless beauties. I will continue to come to this website and meet all the new members and counsel them any way I can. And if any of you know of a website that deals with the terminal side of thing I would be forevergrateful.

Thank you again HysterSisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2004, 12:37 AM

You have always been in my thoughts and prayers; obviously I prayed your long silence meant better news than you've conveyed .

My prayers continue with you and your family, for courage, and for pain-free time to be able to spend with your loved ones.

If you've been in touch with (((MariaCoo))) and her DH, is there any way that you can communicate through them, or through someone else here, how your journey continues? It is so important to spend this time with your loved ones and we understand not being able to post. However, it would be wonderful to know that we had some way of getting messages to you as well, and passing on our prayers.

I don't know where Orangevale is, but if there is anything I can do, let me know.

You have a luminous spirit that comes through your posts; even through the pain, your soul is coming through your words. When you're feeling up to it, sharing here (maybe in the new Journals area, where you wouldn't feel compelled to respond to everyone) will continue to help those who follow us here.

Big s to you. I have been wondering how it all went...

Audrey
Unread 04-26-2004, 01:00 AM
So Sad to Read This

There isn't a lot I can say. Of course prayers are with you. I hope you get many beautiful moments with your family and as you say, go down fighting, Please continue to post as long as you wish to. I believe www.acor.org has a site that is for end of life. How I wish your news were better. I'm so sorry. Ellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2004, 03:17 AM
:hug:

Sometimes this Board does your head in. I dont know what to say except my thoughts are with you and your family.

Sheila
Unread 04-26-2004, 03:47 AM

Forgen
Thank you for sharing your decision with your hystersisters. We will continue to support each other regardless of how long we have left on this life journey.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We are here for you just a computer click away.

's
Ruth S
Unread 04-26-2004, 03:54 AM

Dear Forgen,

In the midst of your sorrow you have thought of sharing an important message with everyone here. I have been following your story for the last few months, and my heart is very heavy now.

I can only say that I am glad you are going to live each day that comes to you to the fullest and best you can -- something we should all remember to do.

Thank you for taking the time and energy to remind us--
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

(I have taken the liberty of forwarding your post to Adrie, so Maria will know what is happening).
Unread 04-26-2004, 05:16 AM

Dear Forgen,

I'm so sorry....it just isn't fair. I too had hoped that your lack of writing was a sort of "no news is good news thing."

I firmly believe in a life beyond this one, a life that is the goal and fulfillment of this one. We're all running the same track towards it. Some people cross the finish line ahead of others. But the "finish" line only finishes the first part of the journey, and is the beginning of a new one that will eventually reunite us all in a life that knows no ending and that is total joy.

So I will keep you in my prayers and also ask my community to pray for you and your husband and family. Thanks for continuing to think of us with your wise words. We will understand if you don't get a lots of chances to write--your DH and family are first priority--but you know that we'll welcome any message from you.

And yes, continue to fight. No matter what the drs say, no matter what the statistics, the timetable is God's, and He won't call you home one moment before it's HIS time. So keep on fighting.

Blessings. And deep peace.
Marlene
Unread 04-26-2004, 05:18 AM

Dear Forgen,

You are a wonderful person to share with all of us. Enjoy every minute with your family and friends. Remember one thing though, only God knows when he will take you. There have been so many miracles. Believing in miracles is not a bad thing. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Bertha
Unread 04-26-2004, 07:12 AM

Dearest Forgen
I have been checking for news of you every day and today my heart is heavy. You are so inspirational, your posts always glow with such strength, wisdom and love. You are a much loved hystersister.
I will be thinking of you every day and praying that in the next few weeks your days are filled with a million precious moments, love and peace and that you are as comfortable and pain free as possible. And that you and your family all are endowed with the strength to deal with what is ahead. You are a phenomenal woman and we are all so privileged to have got to know you here. With very much love to you and all your family and please know that you are very much in our thoughts and prayers all the time. Debs
Unread 04-26-2004, 07:44 AM

Dear Forgen,

I too have a heavy heart and was hoping that no news was good news. I wish you and your family peace and healing.

Please continue to visit with us as you can.

Dorrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register