Live each day as if it was your last. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Live each day as if it was your last. Live each day as if it was your last.

Unread 04-26-2004, 08:01 AM
Live each day as if it was your last.

Dear forgen,

I too, had been hoping for good news from you, and I feel so sad. i can't add to what the others have said. Your love. beauty and grace shine thru your posts. you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2004, 09:08 AM

I do not post as much as I used to, but I have followed your story over the past several months. I just want you to know that my thoughts are with you and your family. You have given us good advice "to live each day...". You have a wonderful spirit that comes right through your messages, and that spirit will never diminish.

I wish many wonderful moments for you as you spent time with your family and hope that you are able to be pain-free and at peace.
Unread 04-26-2004, 10:16 AM

Dear Forgen,

I am in shock and feeling speechless. I am so sorry for your poor prognosis. There are no words to tell you how sad I am for you and your loved ones. I will keep you all in my heart and continue to hope for a better outcome than what they are currently telling you. If at all possible please keep in touch with us, we care and would like to be here for you.

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2004, 10:17 AM

Dear Forgen,
I am so sorry that you got this news. I pray for peace and comfort for you, and that you have many wonderful memories still in the making, with your family. Living one day at a time and as it were our last, is always a good reminder for us all. Thank you for sharing this with us, so that we can be praying for your entire family.

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 04-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Dear sister!

I have just burst into tears again and again. I'm devastated!!!!

Hun, I'm home now (as of friday evening but have been very sick) and am just now getting a bit of strenght back. I want to call you. Please. I have been having problems with my laptop, a bug must have ate it in the hospital. Please send me your number via personal mail so we can chat. I"m so frustrated. I want to call you.

Right now I have a nurse coming every day. There is assistance out there. Yes, it's a different life but let's make a difference!

I'm not up to par quite yet, and honey can tell you, that I admire you, and would do the same thing. I really don't wish to go into details as to my own personal situation here on the board, as there is hope out there.... for us, we are rare cases. For the newbies, there is HOPE!!!!!

I am in a similar situation as you and do not expect to live more than 5 years. But make each day count. Like you, I will be on the board as well, I will BIG advocate of early dectection, 2nd and 3rd opinions and options and the outcomes.

Dear fried, I have cried in anger, despair, sadness for you and your family. I was also close to someone else who passed on, she was also on the board and came from my hometown in Texas. She fought and fought... Much love, hugs and blessings

Maria
Unread 04-26-2004, 11:46 AM

Hi, I am fairly new to the board , I had a TAH a month ago. I happened to see a post on the Hormone Jungle about you and just wanted to tell you that though there is nothing in the world I can say to you I thank you for sharing with all of us who read these boards and wish that every one of your days is filled with the love of your friends and family, including those who you have touched through hystersisters. God bless you and your family.
Unread 04-26-2004, 12:00 PM

Dear Forgen,

Thank you for sharing yourself and your journey with us. It is our privilege to walk with you along this path. I'm so sad to hear your news but I think there is a blessing in all this. For whatever time you have left (and no one knows how long that will be...), you will share your love with your family on a daily basis. And that will be such a gift for them... to know how much they are loved and cherished, and how proud you are of them and their accomplishments.

I've been a member of a "12-Step" program for more than 12 years now. We preach living "one day at a time" as our mantra, but you know what?, I didn't have a clue as to what "one day at a time" really meant until I was faced with ovarian cancer and the uncertainty that comes with that diagnosis.

I don't pretend to know what the future will bring for me or my dh or my new daughter. I don't think too far in advance these days. All I know is that I kiss my daughter (a lot) and am totally enamored of her. (I should kiss my dh more, too!) I am so grateful to God for so many more things today than compared to b.c. (before cancer). When I was first diagnosed with cancer, my doctor suggested that I try to find the "good" in all this. Was she insane?! What good?! Well, I have found good; I've realized so many blessings. It's still scary (especially now), but it's all good.

May we all live each day as if it's going to be our last. Chances are we'll have a good day.

God bless you, Forgen. My grandmother used to have a saying, "Where there's life, there's hope." As so many of the ladies have said, don't let those doctors dictate to you what is only God's to know.
Unread 04-26-2004, 12:13 PM

I was so very sorry to hear your sad news, Forgen. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

I am very glad to hear that you are going to keep your fighting spirit, as you will undoubtedly continue to be a source of inspiration to many others on this board and elsewhere.

Just remember that there are more stories of very bleak prognoses than you can imagine, and some have had surprising and incredibly happy endings!

Hang in there,

MoeKay
Unread 04-26-2004, 12:19 PM

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Your words are inspirational. May you live a lifetime in each day remaining.
Unread 04-26-2004, 12:45 PM

You are so many miles away but yet when I read your post it was as if you were right next to me touching my heart. I am fairly new to this site and regret not having the honor of hearing your voice before as you continued in your journey. I admire your courage and strength and want you to know that my prayers are with you at this time. May you make wonderful memories with your family and I will be listening for you.

God Bless, Kathy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register