Live each day as if it was your last. - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Live each day as if it was your last. Live each day as if it was your last.

Unread 04-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Live each day as if it was your last.

Hi Forgen,

Thanks for your words reminding us to live each day as if it is our last. This has been sinking in for me over the last few years but your words drive the point home.

You are in my thoughts, keep up the fight! I look forward to your future posts, when you have time to come here in between enjoying each day!!

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2004, 01:09 PM

Dear Forgen,
I only "know" you through your posts, and you are such a beautiful person. You are a "faceless beauty" to me.

"Live each day as if it was your last." Such powerful words, powerful message. Of course I have heard this before, but today I feel it differently. No matter what we are told about how long we can expect to live, this way of living is the truest way to live.

I will hope for miracles for you, of course -- it is a natural reaction. At the same time, I will hope for a calm acceptance. Not the kind of "acceptance" that means giving up, and not the kind that is the same as denial. The kind of "acceptance" is the one we all will face -- the true understanding of our own mortality.

There will be anger and railing at how unfair it is. And there will be joy in living -- in just, simply, living. Spending a day expressing love, even by the smallest facial expressions. A pat on the shoulder that lingers just a moment longer that usual.

Most of all, Forgen, I wish you joy and happiness.
With great love,
empresse
Unread 04-26-2004, 01:35 PM

Oh Dear Forgen,

I join the other sisters with their love and concern for you. You have such a beautiful spirit and care so much for others.

I will continue to pray for you and your precious children. This must be the hardest thing anyone has to do. Enjoy your time with them as much as you can. I pray God sends you a special angel to help you along in each and everyday.

s

Shelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2004, 01:56 PM

I wish I could stop crying and write something profound here. It doesn't look like that's in the cards, but I wanted to add my voice to the beautiful chorus here wishing you the peace that passes all understanding. For you and your family I wish many moments suffused with love, the opportunity for precious time together, and the continuing courage to look unflinchingly at the future.

You've always inspired me, and never more than now.

Valarie
Unread 04-26-2004, 02:09 PM

Huge s Forgen

I am so sorry to read that surgery was not an option and that you had to hear such a dismal prognosis!!
Although hope does always exixts and miracles do happen everyday.
You are a very wise woman indeed, to know when to stop frantically seeking options and to just live fully in the present.
My prayer is that you are filled with peaceful painless days and continue making wonderful memories with your family and friends.
Please know how many lives you have touched with your postings on CC. God be with you!!!

s karenann
Unread 04-26-2004, 02:20 PM

Dear Forgen:

I'm so sorry to hear about your bad news. I, too, have read your posts and been comforted by your kind words. My ers are for you and your dear family.

When I was undergoing treatment last year, a friend sent this to me:

"IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck
(written after she found out she was dying from cancer.)

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love you's." More "I'm sorry's."

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute...look at it and really see it ... live it and never give it back. Stop sweating the small stuff.

Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what. Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.

Let's think about what God HAS blessed us with. And what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally, as well shot at this and then it's gone.

I hope you all have a blessed day."

She also sent this saying to me...

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths that you take,
but by the number of moments that take your breath away!"

S
Unread 04-26-2004, 02:21 PM

Dearest Forgen:

I too want to say how saddened I am with your news but also how much I admire your courage and your strength.

You do indeed have a fighting spirit and I admire this so much. I hope that you will keep posting and letting us know how you are doing because we will be thinking of you daily and hoping that we can in turn send you some courage, love and strength as well.

Hold your dear family close as you no doubt are doing and continue building memories that your children and husband will never forget.

Sending you strength and lots of love.
Unread 04-26-2004, 02:26 PM

Dearest Forgen:

Your strength, courage and fighting spirit is an inspiration to all of us. Thank you for sharing your story and reminding us what matters most in life. May the love of your family, friends and all of us sisters sustain you during this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lovingly,
Sunny
Unread 04-26-2004, 02:33 PM

HI Forgen,

As I sit here and cry like a blubbering idiot ..your post brings me back to when I was a small child. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was eight years old and was told by her doctors to get ready to die. She would have no more than maybe 6 months to live. Well she was a single parent and I was her youngest and needless to say after her diagnosis we went to visit relatives , went to Hawaii to visit my grandparents, went to Disneyland and remembering her having a long talk with me on who I wanted to live with. Pretty scary thing for a 8 yr old to deal with. She did the things people do when I suspect they are getting ready to leave this world. She saw an attorney and made a will. She went to a funeral home and ordered her plot so her children would not be burdened with making arrangments for her. Well ,she never gave up. She fought and fought and no doctors diagnoses was going to be end of her. She lived for another 10 years after that. Her doctors didnt know what happened and neither did we. I do know one thing I remember is that she prayed more. We will never know where that will to live came from but I for one am glad she fought. She saw me graduate high school and become an adult. I like many of the sisters here are truly glad you have come into our lives. You dont even know how you have touched us and I think that is what life ..truly living is about. Your fight is our fight and we are there for you even if its a post away. I sense your spirit wont give up. Treasure your family and enjoy the things we all take for granted.. the smell of flowers, the blue of the sky, the warmth of the sun. Your are a truly courageous in my book. I will be praying for you and your family. Just know this ...never ..never ..give up. LINDA
Unread 04-26-2004, 02:47 PM

Forgen,

I am at a loss for words to express my sadness at your news.

You have such a great attitude about life's lessons and what they can teach us. AND you have taught us much about paying attention to what is really important!

Enjoy your beautiful family, and feel all the powerful prayers coming your way from your Hyster-Sisters.

I wish I could give you a real as well as a cyber - .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register