Live each day as if it was your last. - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Live each day as if it was your last. Live each day as if it was your last.

Unread 04-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Live each day as if it was your last.

I can't say anything that hasn't been said, just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2004, 04:56 PM

Forgen: I've been lurking a lot and haven't done much to reply to posts. But I had to say how sorry I am to hear your news.

I need to repeat something that one former boss said to me years ago -- everything bad should be viewed as an opportunity. I know this sounds a bit weird, but it's really true. You have an opportunity to do what many people do not have. You can make sure you say those things to people you love that you might never have had the chance to do. I know -- I never had the chance to say many things I wanted to say to my daughter before she was gone. My sister said goodby to her husband one afternoon no knowing it was the last time. They had had a minor disagreement and that goodby wasn't what it should have been and she's had some bad times because of it. My sis in law, OTOH had plenty of time to say her good byes to my brother as he dealt with lung cancer. Take this time to spend with your family and enjoy the time together.

I also want to say that anyone who has had the diagnosis of the big "C" learns to live each day as if it was the last. I also feel that we learn not to sweat the little stuff -- and after the cancer diagnosis, everything else is little stuff. It makes for a very different outlook on life.

Forgen, you have been a real strength to many of us. I feel so bad for the news you have had and hope that you have many quality days ahead with your family. You are in my prayers every day!

Linda
Unread 04-27-2004, 05:21 PM

Dear Forgen,
I just can't think of any words to express what I'm feeling right now . All I can say is you & your family will be in my thoughts & prayers. I'm always praying for that miracle, don't give up without a fight. But most of all, I wish that you are not living each day in pain. I hope you're able to do whatever it is you're needing to do. I wish you peace & love.

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2004, 05:57 PM

Dear Forgen... I have not read your posts before, but I just went into your profile and read all of them. I am speechless. Words cannot express my pain for you and your family. You sound like a very strong woman that has been through so much. I will pray for you and your family. May God watch over you and give you the most beautiful days he can. I could cry right now. I wish I could give you a huge hug and tell you it will be ok. You are in my prayers.
Unread 04-27-2004, 06:22 PM

Dear Forgen,

As all families do, we also share the good and bad times together.

Miracles do happen and I am sure that several of the women here can attest to that.

All I can say is that I also share in your sadness but will always keep hoping for the best.

Rosalie
Unread 04-27-2004, 07:48 PM

Dear Forgen,

Thank-you for sharing so much of yourself. You have touched so many lives.....
Keep fighting and know that every day i send heartfelt gratitude to the Creator for having met you on this board.
Unread 04-28-2004, 07:03 PM

Dear Forgen,

I had hoped the news would be better. As I sit here with tears streaming down my face, unable to handle your situation, I marvel at the grace you show in the face of all of this.

Last night, in my young adults support group, there was a 30-year-old with Stage 4 stomach cancer, who I had met the previous week. The prognosis is very bleak, and they cannot operate. She is in such despair, but when I walked in late, she got so happy, because she said she wants to me like me -- a ray of sunshine, and healthy. I'm not sure why she connect with me, but she just does.

I want to help her as much as I can. It is so hard, though, thinking about what may happen to her in the future. When I read about TammyDW, and now your situation, I just lost it. I am such a happy person, but I feel as though I can't function. It is so unfair.

I know that God will welcome you into his kingdom with open arms, and that he will set a place for you and your renewed body. He will carry you through these final days.

I will say that at the Wellness Community group, our moderator has a friend who had Stage 4 stomach cancer. Her doctors gave her two months. It's a year and half later, and she's doing great. Lots of exercise and diet changes, and probably some other stuff, too. So . . . as you said, enjoy every day, and while you may live each as though it was your last, do not think for one minute that your last day will necessarily be within the next few months.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and if you could see my tear-soaked face, you would know how much I am hurting for you. I will PM you a link to a picture of me so I do not have to be "faceless" forever.

s!
Unread 04-28-2004, 07:50 PM
So Sorry

Dear Forgen,
Thank you for your post. I know it has to be hard to post your future. I admire your strength. You and your family are in my prayers. God BLESS all of your family and friends .
Unread 04-28-2004, 08:11 PM

I found your post today. It really touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes(many). My thoughts are with you and your family and friends.
Unread 04-29-2004, 02:54 PM

I read your pos 2 days ago but could not respond. So many of our "sisters' here have expressed what I am feeling. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Believe in miracles. All my hugs and prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register