First 3-Mo Appt since Dx | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First 3-Mo Appt since Dx First 3-Mo Appt since Dx

Unread 04-26-2004, 01:44 PM
First 3-Mo Appt since Dx

Today @ 3:30P I have my first GYN appt since my post up where I found out about the 'C'. I know I got the thumbs up from the Oncologist and this is just a precaution, but I am still shaking in my boots, so to speak

I have a lot of questions and concerns and pray that all is good! I leave it in God's hands. And once this appt is down, it is a mile marker in the first year, so I have to stay positive

Thanks to you all for listening to me....
Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2004, 02:55 PM
First 3-Mo Appt since Dx

Dear SnookB

Thinking of you - the appointments are always nerve wracking - I had a similar cancer as you and I'm now 6 months post-op and went back for my first follow-up a couple of months ago as well and I had some granulation that needed to be removed and sent for testing just to be on the safe side and everything came back fine. So hang in there - I know it's easier said but please let us know how everything went and if your questions were answered.

Like you I will try and keep positive and together we will encourage one another and be just fine. Let us know how you did!!

Sending you a big
Unread 04-26-2004, 04:16 PM
First 3-Mo Appt since Dx

SnookB-
Hope your appt. goes well today. I know they can be nerve racking sometimes. I have one tomorrow with regular gyn. to discuss possible TAH for the same dx of complex hyper. w/atypia.

I was glad to have found you. Now I will be keeping up with your story. I have PM'd you too for more info.

Hope you don't mind sharing your story again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Appointments and Nerves

Please post and tell us how your appointment went. It's normal to be very nervous and wondering. It's three years out and I still get really nervous before mine.
Unread 04-27-2004, 09:40 AM
WENT GOOD!

Hi all- my appt went very well! My doc was so sweet and wanted to make sure that I was okay before she even started....I think she knows how nervous I was!

She did the exam and pap, and everything looked good. She said because of my fluff it is kind of hard to tell if there is anything new....so we will do routine CT scans to make sure! Ovaries were a tad tender, but she said give it time.

She even thinks that my lymphedema is from the surgery, they used alot of fluid and my body was not able to absorb it, so that made since to me

So thank you all for your prayers!!!!! They worked!!!
Unread 04-27-2004, 06:41 PM
First 3-Mo Appt since Dx

So glad to hear that your appointment went well! Hooray! You must be so relieved! Now relax and enjoy yourself. Go out and do something nice just for you--you deserve it!

Unread 04-28-2004, 07:07 AM
First 3-Mo Appt since Dx

Yayyyyyyy Snookies!
Good News!

(I hope that little izzy icon means dancing with joy the way does -- that's what I mean by using it, anyway.)

Love,
=empresse

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register