Can Someone Help Me? Ovarian Cancer ??????????'s | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can Someone Help Me?  Ovarian Cancer ??????????'s Can Someone Help Me? Ovarian Cancer ??????????'s

Unread 04-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Can Someone Help Me? Ovarian Cancer ??????????'s

My Aunt was diagnosed with stage 111 C ovarian cancer last April. She had a hyster in May and the doctor said that the cancer had spread to her abdominal wall. She went through several months of chemo (clinical trial). She finished her treatments in October. This past February her CA125 count skyrocketed again and she is now going through chemo again. They didn't even bother to find out why the blood count rose. Where was the cancer now? Is that not a concern? She goes for her third treatment with the new chemo Thursday. She is having abdominal pain everytime that she eats. I can see that she is losing weight and I am so afraid for her. She hasn't been telling the doctor her symptoms. Does anyone know?????? Is a Stage 111 C diagnosis too late? They have never even talked to her about her prognosis. I have been searching the innernet since her diagnosis and am frustated. Can anyone help?

I am scheduled for hyster 05/18/2004 (not for cancer concerns).

Samantha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2004, 05:06 PM

Hi Samanatha1,
Sorry to hear about your aunt, but Stage 111 is not to late. There is another type of treatment for cancer. It is called I.P.T.
(Insulin Potentian Therapy) I know of one doctor here in Illinois that does it. The website is www.caringmedical.com. Check under therapies for the I.P.T. He has cured people that other doctors have given the patient 1 month to live. He also wrote a book. Also SUGAR FEEDS THE CANCER. Find out what your aunt is eating. I had uterine cancer in 2000 and I am doing just fine. I hope this helps, any questions, please email me.
Let's Kick Some Cancer Butt,
Judy
Unread 04-26-2004, 05:33 PM

s Samantha

I am a stage IIICer also, diagnosed in May of 2001.
The nature of ovarian cancer is that it is diagnosed in stage III and IV 75% of the time. So few cases are diagnosed at an earlier stage. Ovarian cancer is also notorious for it's recurrence rate. About 70% to 80% of all stage III and IV's will recur.
Your aunt's ca 125 has probably proven to be an accurate tumor marker for her. Hence the chemo bases on the lab value.
She most likely has had a CT scan as well. Often early in recurrence the CT will still be normal.
Hope this helps.
I will include an excellent web site where you can learn more about ovarian cancer.

http://ovariancancer.jhmi.edu/

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2004, 05:50 PM

Karenann,

I never realized that Ovarian cancer was so common. It is not something you think about about until it affects someone in your family and it can be such a devastating disease and my heart aches for everyone!! Ovarian cancer is sometimes put on the back burner. You hear so much about breast cancer and so little about ovarian cancer. My prays are with everyone affected by this disease!! Is it normal for her to be experiencing abdominal pain? After her first treatment of the doxil, she did not go to the bathroom for 6 days. I have told her to call her doctor and take ex-lax. God Bless.

Samantha
Unread 04-26-2004, 05:58 PM

Hi Samantha

Your aunt should really let her doctor know about the abdominal pain. He will be the best judge as to why?
Constipation is very common when undergoing chemotherapy.
Sometimes it takes a full strength laxative to work as a stool softener.
Ovarian cancer strikes about one in fifty women. And is the deadliest of all gyn cancers combined.
Our total numbers are far less than breast cancer. But some of the national organizations for ovarian cancer are working quite hard to have our voices heard in areas of legislation as well as education and awareness. We are always looking for new advocates such a relative like yourself.
As the niece of an ovarian cancer patient, you need to let your gyn onc know about your aunt. Ten per cent of ovarian cancers have a familial link.

oxox karenann
Unread 04-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Karenann said it all

Also, your aunt could be questioning her doctor more. Good doctors don't mind at all. As to 3C, we've been having a discussion about that on another board Karen and I belong to. And suddenly, out of the woodwork as they say, out popped women up to 17 years out. Some recur, some don't. But they're out there.
Unread 04-26-2004, 07:10 PM

yeah, i'm one of those young ones that are out there.... only 20
i'm not even in remisssion yet, but i have been through 6 cycles, and luckily i am only borderline.

my doctor said im the youngest she knows with ovca, especially amazed because there is no history in my family of any type.

hearing the odds on the cancer recurring scares the **** out of me, and i hope it doesn't happen to me.
Unread 04-26-2004, 07:14 PM

s Kerry

Your type of ovarian cancer "borderline" is a different type of cancer. Your odds of never recurring are quite high.
I guess when speaking of ovarian cancer we should mention the type. The type I wrote about is epithelial.
I'm sorry if I frightened you!!!!
May you have a very long life in front of you.
Here is a link to the Johns Hopkins web site that discusses your type of cancer.

http://ovariancancer.jhmi.edu/lmp.cfm

oxoxox karenann
Unread 04-27-2004, 06:40 PM

Hi Samantha,

I too am a Stage III ovarian cancer survivor. It is never too late to fight.

Two years ago, when I was diagnosed, my oncolgist told me this....."Ovarian Cancer used to be called The Silent Killer... However it is now treated as a chronic disease. There are numerous other options and treatments available.

Please let us know how your aunt makes out.

Rosalie
Unread 04-27-2004, 08:34 PM

Rosalie,

How long have you been living with Ovarian cancer? I'd like to share positive informatin with my Aunt. Actually, I haven't shared this site with my Aunt yet. I'm afraid it may scare her!!!! I dont want her to give up!!!!

Thank you for your response and God Bless!!

Samantha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register