Swollen foot (kind of) and strange feelings under the rib cage | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swollen foot (kind of) and strange feelings under the rib cage Swollen foot (kind of) and strange feelings under the rib cage

Unread 04-27-2004, 07:40 PM
Swollen foot (kind of) and strange feelings under the rib cage

This is really strange and more annoying than anything else. But... it has been going on for some time and it's got me wondering.

First off, on and off, I get this very "tight" feeling in my right foot, like it's swollen. It doesn't look swollen, though it feels like my shoe is bit tighter than normal. I just wonder what it could all be about? I did go to the doctor, about 1 month ago, but she wasn't overly concerned by it. My thinking is that feet shouldn't swell like this, for no reason : I didn't hurt it, I didn't hurt the leg and it happens as much during the day as it does in the evening. And it's not even warm or damp, these days!!!

I must say, though, that it is on the same side as the hip that has been troubling me. My doctor thinks is the sacroilleac muscle... but she never got back to me after last month's x-rays Could a sacroilleite cause this type of problem?

Furthermore, I have this very strange sensation under the rib cabe, on the right side: it doesn't hurt, but feels like something is rubbing against the rib cage. I can't feel a lump or anything, but, again, it's been there for a few months. Since it wasn't bothering me when I was at the doctor's, I forgot to mention it , but I'm wondering what it could be all about.

I know that compared to the pain and suffering most of you are enduring, this is pretty small fries, but, still, as I said, it is getting to be quite annoying!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Hey hun...

(((Dany))) I'm sorry you've got this to contend with hun.

BTW, When I sprained my ankle recently and I was on my way to the ER for a bowel obstruction that whole bowel problem didn't stop my ankle from hurting. What I'm trying to say is pain is pain...it doesn't matter what you compare it to. It doesn't stop your pain just because someone else might hurt more...so don't feel weird about saying something when you're struggling with weird symptoms.

I wish I had an answer for you. I think it's a legitimate question for you to bring up to your doctor. The fact that it's not going away is reason to seek help for it again...and get a little more assertive about getting some answers. It's got to be annoying hun. My ankle still hurts now and then and it drives me nuts! I just want it to stop hurting! LOL...forget the fact that I'm in pain and taking vicodin...I get upset when my ankle is sore! LOL

I think it's time for you to call your doctor and make an appointment. No need to just let this thing go on indefinately.

Hugs,

Rita
Unread 04-27-2004, 08:21 PM

Thanks for the feedback (((Rita))) I know what I have to do... just gotta do it : In my area, going to the doctor's is a major hassle. The last time, I ended up waiting for 6 hours

I'll call tomorrow and ask if she had the results from the X-Ray and book an appointment at the same time: if anything, I'm due for an annual!!!

PS: I'm not in pain, except for the hip... and that's not continuous pain: it just happens under certain circumstances. It's just annoying... and the rib cage thing bothers me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Arthritis?

Dear Dany,

I know you suffer from arthritis, so one possibility could be arthritis in your foot -- I know mine swell from my arthritis, and it doesn't always have to be painful, though mine is. Anyway, sometimes my feet don't have equal swelling, and I know the joints on my right side are worse than those on my left, hip, shoulder, knee and foot. I don't know about the ribcage?????????????

Just a thought,
Sorry you are in pain,
Wishing you Love and light and no pain,
Loretta
Unread 04-28-2004, 06:58 PM

Loretta, the arthritis possibility does make a lot of sense. It's just sooo annoying because it, sometimes, feels strange just walking on that foot

I will make an appointment to see the doctor, since those things aren't going away: they're just multiplying
Unread 04-28-2004, 07:45 PM
I know what you mean

Sometimes (not often enough, darn it!) my arthritis manifests as kind-of a numbness -- in my feet and knees -- with swelling. It is a very weird feeling -- more like a lack of feeling.

Definately get it checked out. Studies are showing how much less damage can occur if you treat RA sooner rather than later.

Take care sweetie,
with love and light,
Loretta

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register