rectocele repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

rectocele repair rectocele repair

Unread 04-28-2004, 04:23 AM
rectocele repair

I am scheduled to go in for a posterior repair tomorrow. The surgery date has been arranged very quickly for me, I only found out on Monday that I am going in today, those girls in the UK will appreciate how unusual that is!! I feel totally unprepared.

At the moment I am panicing in case I am wrong about all the aches and pains I am having being caused by the rectocele. What if I go through all this and things aren't any better. I know that the bowel problems need to be resolved and this will do that and the consultant seems convinced that this will be the answer . I guess I am just getting nervous about the prospect of more surgery!

Sorry to waffle on, I just needed somewhere to put this down and this seemed to be the place.

Amandarose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2004, 09:37 AM
recto-repair

I had a triple procedure 53 weeks ago and the results have been mixed, but the rectocele repair is the one I am most happy about.

I don't think I had any pain caused by that pre-op and I thought my constipation was just aging- I am 51. I just knew that I couldn't get a tampon in sometimes due to the distended bowel pushing into my vagina.
I had what is known as a "posterior repiar" I don't know if there are other kinds, but they simply take a section of the vagina out and tighten the whole thing up.

Bowels moving much better- it wasn't just my age! But in all honestly, I popped a suture a week after the surgery deep inside the vagina and lost three units of blood and had to undergo emergency repair. But I think the thing popped because I was pushing too hard trying to pee. That has been the part that I would not call a success, but that is another story.

Once home, the posterior repair seemed to heal up well and cause no problems.

If your condition isn't life-threatening and you have real qualms about it, can it be postponed? You have a right to have all your questions answered to your satisfaction. Doctors far to often condescend to patients.

Best of luck
Unread 09-21-2004, 11:48 AM
rectocele repair

SHEILA G, HOW are you doing after your posterior repair did it take a long time?Were you in hospital long? I may have the repair ill know soon after OCT 4th i was going sooner but had to make it a later time .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2004, 12:24 PM
rectocele repair

Nothing has changed since my last post in April.
If you have specific questions, write direct or post.

The hospital stay was 3 days the first time, 24 hours with the emergency surgery.

The hysterectomy went fine, but the bladder was lifted as a result and it took almost 6 weeks before I could urinate. Had to learn to self-cath and carry a cathater with me at all times. To this day, getting the flow started and getting the bladder empty are problematic. I was told more surgery could fix it, but I declined.
Unread 09-21-2004, 03:16 PM
rectocele repair

Thanks ,for reply .Take care
Unread 10-15-2004, 03:51 PM
rectocele repair

Hi Amandarose,

I was just wondering how your rectocele repair went. I pray that it went well for you and you are on the road to recovery.

I am scheduled for a hyst/rectocele/cystocle repair in a couple weeks and like you . . . a little nervous about it.

God Bless You,
Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register