Is it Night Sweats? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it Night Sweats? Is it Night Sweats?

Unread 04-28-2004, 07:06 AM
Is it Night Sweats?

At my age you would think I would know the answer to that one but am not sure..I seem to awaken once each night usually about 5:50 a.m. feeling flushed in my chest and neck. Sometimes very sweaty, sometimes not. Usually just this one time a night. No problems during the day time. Do you think this is night sweats?

Ann

P.S. I am taking Estratest HSv (been on them since day of surgery)
TVH with A/P repairs on April 13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2004, 07:33 AM
Is it Night Sweats?

I cant be sure but it sounds like a hot flush thingy to me . I used to have to sleep on the floor while I was on lucrin ( lupron ) and was getting those . AND I had to use ice packs

mei
Unread 04-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Is it Night Sweats?

I had terrible night sweats right after my surgery (March 19), but they have gone away. Hopefully that will be the case for you, too. If they don't go away in a few weeks, check with your doctor, maybe a change in your hormone treatment is in order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2004, 09:37 AM
Is it Night Sweats?

Could it be related to pain medication? I had hot flushes and night sweats when I was still taking a narcotic pain medication. They went away after I stopped that med.

Wishing you cooler nights ;-)
Nan
Unread 04-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Is it Night Sweats?

I'm not taking any pain med.

Ann
Unread 04-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Is it Night Sweats?

It sounds like it may be. I've had night sweats since day 3. So far it's just once a night and maybe again right before I get up in the morning. (I'd had no day time issues before yesterday, but yesterday I began to have occasional warm flushes during the day.) The other day my Dr. said if even the 1 night sweat continued for more than 2-3 weeks, he'll adjust the hormones. Maybe your Dr. can explore that with you, too.
Unread 04-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Is it Night Sweats?

Sounds like it to me! I also will wake up feeling as you described. I have been on Premarin since the day after surgery. Seems to help some. Dr. said that we would watch hot flushes and night sweats if they continue or are really bothersome, he would increase my meds. I don't experience them every night but when I do, I know it! Hang in there.

ing Joanne
Unread 04-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Is it Night Sweats?

So, if it doesn't wake you up it's not an official "night sweat"? Just wondering, because several days last week I woke up at normal time in the AM but obviously had been perspiring heavily in my sleep. Haven't had a hyst but am 48 so it could be approaching menopause and I just wonder how you tell the difference between the genuine article and merely wearing PJ's that are too warm?

cookie1956
Unread 04-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Is it Night Sweats?

I am 40 and have been having night sweats for about 5 years or more off and on. I did have surgery on the 22nd of Jan. My dr has put me on femring which controls hot flashes, night sweats and vaginal dryness. I do occassionaly get a little warm feeling but nothing like what I had prior to starting the hrt on March 25th. I hope all of you the best.
Isha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register