I Didn't Waste a Good Panic... :( - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Didn't Waste a Good Panic...  :( I Didn't Waste a Good Panic... :(

Unread 05-01-2004, 03:13 PM
I Didn't Waste a Good Panic... :(

Hi Linda,

Sorry to hear about your mass ...I,too,also hope it is not a recurrence. The PET scan will give you more info...as for the CA125 (the test we live for!) just this Tuesday my onc told me that the results also vary on which series are used. The hospital never uses the same series for each testing. Two months ago I was11.3, this week I am 6.5, I was happy it was lower ...but my onc told me that each series has its norm. I wish you Good Luck and will pray for good results. I realized that this site has saved my sanity. It's the only place that people understand how I feel and what I experience. Don't get me wrong, friends and family are a God send but they can't understand the anxiety, fear, depression, etc that you experience from one day to the next. My thoughts will be with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2004, 09:37 AM

Hi Linda,

As one of the ladies said, that word "unremarkable" is wonderful. My favorite word when it comes to test results. Hope yours is unremarkable.

Praying for you and wishing you well.

Lorraine
Unread 05-03-2004, 08:37 AM

s Linda

I was away and am just now catching up with my CC friends.
Darn about your news!!!!!!!
It sounds as though you are again sitting back in the land of the unknown waiting to see what happens next.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
And I agree with your get tough philosophy. Let God know you need many, many more years to finish that mothering job!!

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2004, 09:09 PM
The results are in...

...it's not good news. My CA-125 is now up to 40. My oncologist called today. The PET scan showed uptake in the area that was suspicious on the CT scan. He says that it will be surgery.

I will be seeing my gyn-onc on Friday. At that point we will decide what to do.

I'm getting farther away from my goal of becoming a nurse.....

S
Unread 05-05-2004, 09:55 PM

Linda, I am really sorry to hear this news, but if this is a recurrence they have caught it early. If that is the only area that showed up on the scan that means there is no spread.
Hang in there. Many prayers are rising to heaven for you, and this ordeal will make you a wonderful to nurse
Unread 05-05-2004, 10:00 PM

Dear Linda,
Darn those numbers!! I pray that the doctor will have a plan of action when you go back on Friday and will know just what to do! Don't give up on that goal of being a nurse, just maybe on hold. Prayers for comfort and healing for you!!

Rhonda
Unread 05-05-2004, 10:31 PM

Linda, I am praying for you. Be strong! Don't give up on anything, especially not your dream of being a nurse. So maybe it's on hold for a bit, but this experience will make you the best, most empathetic nurse ever.

Please let us know as soon as you can what your gyn/onc has to tell you.
Unread 05-05-2004, 11:37 PM

Darn Linda! I sure do hate to hear this.
I'll be checking in to see what you onc has to say and what day you go for surgery.
I will keep you in my prayers.

's

Debbie [withope]
Unread 05-06-2004, 08:26 AM

Huge hugs and prayers coming your way, I am sorry to hear that you will have to have another surgery. Let's pray that this is it. Also do not give up on your dream of being a nurse. I will be checking up on you occasionally.
Unread 05-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Back from the gyn-onc...

...and he wants to physically look at the CT films before he decides to do any surgery. He will go over them with the radiologist and compare them to my previous CT's. He also wants me to repeat the CA-125.

Now I have to track down the CT films. We have several major hospitals here in the Detroit area. My CT was done at St. John, where my oncologist is out of. The PET scan was done at Beaumont Hospital, because they are the only ones in the are that have a PET scanner. My gyn-onc is at Henry Ford Hospital. Right now, the CT films are in transit between Beaumont and St. John. It's going to take a week to get them to the gyn-onc.

So...for this week it's life as usual...whatever that is!

Thanks, sisters, for the support and kindness.

S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register