cancer comes back so soon??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cancer comes back so soon??? cancer comes back so soon???

Unread 04-29-2004, 04:43 PM
cancer comes back so soon???

I had a radical hyst. on 3/12/04, he took everything. I have been going to rad/onc. for several weeks. Yesterday, I thought this was the last thing before radiation started. However, when he wasimplanting fake seeds for calculation purposes he told me that they would sting. The first one really stung, the second one was hardly noticeable. My tract started to bleed some. He was telling me that if you did not feel it there could be cancer. During the implant of the second implant he make a comment about cancer. I asked if he saw cancer and he said yes. I was so overwhelmed that I asked him again in a louder voice, "Do you see cancer?" He said yes. That took all the wind out of me. By the time I got to the simulator, he came back and said that I need to see my gyn/onc or my regular gyn. so that they can tell him what. Then he said it could be that I haven't healed totally...Slow healer. Tomorrow, I go to see my reg. gyn. for a diagnosis whether it is slow healing or cancer. I am beside myself!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Prayers

Sweetie-I am praying that things work for you...that you get the answers that you need. I know that the waiting is the worst.

Take care and God Bless!
Unread 04-29-2004, 05:09 PM

Number one he was an insensitive clod. He sould have said that if he thought that it may be cancer or slow healing.

Number 2 your only a little over a month out from your surgery.

Has your gyn or gyn/onc seen you for your 6 week check up? If so did he/she do a vaginal exam? It seem a little soon for the cancer to show up that fast. It took over 6 months for mine to show back up. First post op pap fine, second not so fine and doctor could see the leasion.

What I am trying to say is that more that likely it is just that you are still healing, and not to worry too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2004, 06:08 PM

I'm glad you'll be seeing someone about this tomorrow. It makes much more sense to me that it is a part of the healing, not a recurrance. I can't believe that doctor would be so cavalier about it, making a snap diagnosis and then later backing out of it somewhat. That right there should tell you something!

I'll keep you in my prayers, but please try not to worry about this.

Valarie
Unread 04-29-2004, 08:18 PM

I agree, it does seem awfully soon to have cancer returning--hopefully it'll turn out to be something else...but I'm sorry that you were treated so insensitively.

Prayers and good wishes are with you! Keep us posted.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 04-29-2004, 08:25 PM

You know, some of these doctors receive some really incredible training and, when it comes to their areas of specialization, they're brilliant. But they are total dopes when dealing with real people!

I agree with the other ladies. It seems like 6 weeks is really too soon to start with internal radiation. Your body has been through so much. It does take time to heal.

Prayers are with you. Hang in there.
Unread 04-29-2004, 10:16 PM

You're probably not healed yet. I know I'm not, and my hysterctmy was March 3rd. I just started internal radiation today. Try not to get too scared and please keep in mind that untill your doctor declares you 'Cancer Free', you are still considered a cancer patient. That's why you're doing radiation, remember? Everyone here will pray for you, and I'm sure God will take care of you. Dont dwell on 'cancer' too much. Just do your treatments and go on as normal as possible.
Hare Krsna, love, Martha
Unread 04-29-2004, 11:01 PM

(known2b) I had my post op exam with my gyn/onc at almost 4 weeks. He told me that my vaginal tract had not quite healed and to wait two more weeks before relations with dh.

I have asked around about the radiology/onc. Everyone says he is excellent. I guess he is one of those that is good at what he does but......

Thank you ladies for your encouraging words. They brought me back to reality. We shall see tomorrow around 8:40 a.m.
Unread 04-30-2004, 01:08 PM

KM,
I am anxious to know what the doctor said this morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all is ok and proceeding according to plan so that you can soon put this cancer business behind you.

I was diagnosed one year ago yesterday. Today I am fine, better than BC. You soon will be too!

Hugs and comfort,
Janie
Unread 04-30-2004, 02:38 PM

Well....I went to my ob/gyn this morning and he examined me. He said that it looked like I was still healing and that he could not see anything suspicious. He did do a thin pap test and a biopsy just to be safe. (I'll get the results Monday). My doctor called my rad/onc. and told him as of right now we could go ahead with radiation plan. If Monday's results are ok, the plan is to start radiation on May 10th.

Thank you ladies again for all your support!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register