Alittle freaked out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Alittle freaked out Alittle freaked out

Unread 04-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Alittle freaked out

The more i read up on evrything I'm going through right now the more scared i feel. I go next week for surgery and not knowing for sure if im gonna get a hyster the more scared i get I know for sure i get my ovary and tube removed but I have to wait untill he goes in and figures out if he's gonna do a hyster. He is not sure 100% whats going on inside. I feel so anxious and nervous. I am very glad i found this site I have learned alot. Can't really talk much with my husband about this cause he just doesn't understand the female body and has no idea what I'm talking about he just looks at me like i have 2 heads lol. So it's good i found a place where i can share my story and talk and read your stories also.
Thanks so much
Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2004, 08:37 PM
thanks for the LOL

Just wanted to let you know every one of us LIWs feels the same way about our surgeries. The important thing is making you get better, no matter what he ends up doing in there.

I was literally laughing out loud when I read your post about your husband..

My husband is very supportive, but he just kind of nods when I use such scary words as uterus and cervix. He has no clue, and I think it makes him squeamish.

Unread 04-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Alittle freaked out

I thought I was one of the few. I read so many posts that talked about how happy they were.... WE are not the "odd man out" I realize that we are all "freaked out". We wouldn't be human if we weren't. It just helps to hear someone else say . " I feel the same" My husband is very supportive, he just seems to have a hard time understanding why I am "mourning the loss'' so to speak. I am so greatful that I found this site. I am a basket case about this now, I can't even imagine where I would be without this site. good luck to you.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Alittle freaked out

I am freaked out too. When I 1st found this site it scared me a little because I wanted to stay in denial about complications. Now I feel like the more informed I am the better off I'll be. I don't feel so alone now. I'm still freaked out, but I feel a little better. Good luck to you and I'll keep good thoughts about your surgery.

Diana
Unread 04-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Alittle freaked out

Its natural to feel freaked out. I had an ovary removed seven years ago and at that time it made things loads better. Prior to that I had my appendix removed and last year I had adhesylosis as my bowel had got all stuck up.

So the actual hospital bit doesnt worry me too much although I dare say I will be scared pooless on the day. Its the back at home and how much will I be able to do. My doc says 6 weeks before back to work but work colleagues say three months! I told my boss the shorter time but I do tend to take a while to heal. I had my tonsils out a year ago and was off 6 weeks with that as I had a big ulcer at the back and he had to cut more out than he planned. I think I am running out of bits to have removed! eek.

None of it seems real to me at the moment, but time can play funny tricks, I guess the panic will set in the week before!

Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register