Stainless Steel cookware.... who here uses that? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stainless Steel cookware....  who here uses that? Stainless Steel cookware.... who here uses that?

Unread 04-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Stainless Steel cookware.... who here uses that?

I just bought my first set of real good stainless steel cookware. I shopped at Kohl's for the first time ever and bought a 10 piece Calphlon cookware in the stainless steel finish.

I have always had Revere pots and pans and T-Fal skillets. Have decided at my age and point in life, I need to 'upgrade' my kitchen stuff. AND I already have Salvation Army coming next Friday for a pickup and can now add my older pots and pans to their pickup :-)

Anyways... the reason for my post since S.S. is brand new for me to cook with, can you give me any hints, tips, suggestions etc???

I appreciate it as always :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2004, 02:50 AM

Hi

I am in UK. I have a stainless steel cooker, and set of pans. I find that the sides inside burn sometimes when cooking, and have to give a good scrub around sides when cleaning. Other than that, there are good stainless steel cleaning products available, I use one called 'rescue' it is made in UK. I will send you website address through PM site.

Unread 05-01-2004, 09:41 AM

I have Stainless and cast iron. If you pre-heat the stainless before you add oil, butter or food you will have less sticking. It's justs takes practice but once you have it down it will be your fav. One point, keep a non-stick small pan for eggs. I can't stand for eggs to stick or break.

Anna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2004, 11:45 AM

to quote a famous TV chef "hot pan, cold oil ... foods won't stick"

I find this to be very true with my stainless set. I absolutely love it, especially for anything that I know I'll be making a pan sauce or for soups. Deglazing has never been more fun. I've not had problems with sticking or burning, and clean up is a breeze. If a pan ever looks like it scortched or food stuck as soon as I am done cooking I put warm water in it to losen it up (ginda like deglazing)

Keep a good non stick pan around though, it's a definite must have. Not everything is stainless friendly ... like eggs.

Happy Cooking!

BSQ
Unread 05-01-2004, 01:34 PM

While my pans aren't stainless steel, I do have a set of Caphalon. Dh bought the set for me one year for xmas. I really love them! I would've never spent that kind of money on cookware, but ya' know, you do get what you pay for.

It's a shame that I burnt up one of the pans a month ago! Never put a ham steak with honey and brown sugar on the stove and fall asleep. Needless to say dh didn't have ham for dinner that evening.
Unread 05-02-2004, 12:14 AM

I use the local equivalent of Faberware.

Love them, except for pasta -- got a thin bottomed pot for that (so the water can come to a boil fast).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register