Severe Pain After Sex... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe Pain After Sex... Severe Pain After Sex...

Unread 04-30-2004, 10:36 PM
Severe Pain After Sex...

Hello all,
On Wednesday I went for my six weeks checkup and was given the greenlight to begin getting my life back to normal. Doc told me sex was ok but to take it slow and easy. I ask if it would hurt the first time and she said "No". Well, it didn't hurt during... but I thought I was going to die afterwards!!! That was two night ago and I am still cramping. The pain was like never ending labor pains and I couldn't urinate for hours and I vomitted violently. I thought I had turned into Linda Blair. It was terrible! The spotting I expected, the pain was a major surprise!
Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't called my doc but I don't know how much longer I can stand these cramps. And I can't even begin to explain how painful a BM is! HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Severe Pain After Sex...

Once I was cleared at 6 weeks post-op to resume all activities my doctor told me to call immediately if I experienced any new pain, discomfort, and/or bleeding. You are having pain that sounds very serious. Please call your doctor or the doctor on call IMMEDIATELY. If your doctor is not available go to the emergency room. You need to be examined by a doctor to determine what is causing the problem - do not wait. Let us know what the doctor has to say and keep us posted on how you are doing.

s
Unread 04-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Severe Pain After Sex...

Hi there

I can't believe you haven't called your doctor about this after two days.

Please get this checked out NOW.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Severe Pain After Sex...

I had bad cramping after sex for the first time two days ago, but it only lasted a couple hours. I have been having trouble having a BM, though, and do think it's due to this cramping---- but YOU sound AWFUL and the whole situation sounds not quite right. I'd call the doc back ASAP.
Unread 05-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Severe Pain After Sex...

I agree with the others. Call the doc ASAP, and if you can't reach his/her or a partner, go to your local ER or urgent care clinic NOW! This does not appear to be normal, per the discussions we've had so far. Even if it's nothing, better safe than sorry!

Please let us know how you are doing!
Nan
Unread 05-04-2004, 09:37 AM
Severe Pain After Sex...

Hello ladies, I just wanted to touch base with everyone about my situation. I called my doc and just my luck... she's out of town. But her nurse told me it was my bowels and what to do. I'm doing as told and I have to admit, the pain has lessened and has now localized to the right side. One day at a time I guess.
I think me and my hubby are in a race to see who will fall apart the fastest. He's 27 and just had a pacemaker inserted and I'm 35 and just had a hysterectomy. Now, let's see... shouldn't I move into first place since I had to give up organs and he gained a battery??? lol Keep the prayers going up for me. This is tough on me the hubby and the daughter. Love and prayers to all and thanks!
Unread 05-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Severe Pain After Sex...

Well, this makes sense to me.... the cramping I got was probably due to that, too.... because the whole rest of the day I always felt like I wanted to go and would keep going into the bathroom, but nothing would happen!! Now that I know this, I think I'll take a gentle laxative or something because all that cramping is for the birds!!

And sorry, but even after going through this, I think the pacemaker is worse.... I'd be forever fearful of that. At least once we're healed, we're healed!

Good luck to BOTH you and your hubby!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register