New to Hyster Sisters.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to Hyster Sisters.. New to Hyster Sisters..

Unread 05-01-2004, 05:30 AM
New to Hyster Sisters..

Hello everyone, I just had my surgery April 21st(complete hyst.) and was wanting any suggestions or comments on what to expect. I am still pretty sore and my bowel is being nasty to me.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
When I go back in 4 weeks, to my Dr. she then wants to disguss estrogen and get me on some medication? Any comments on HRT? I dont know what to think about it??
I have alread begun to have hot flashes, or it just might be from surgery? Im not sure but break out in sweats often.
Thanks in advance to anyone who answers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2004, 06:51 AM
New to Hyster Sisters..

Hi and WELCOME to Hystersisters !!

You're still early in recovery and some soreness is to be expected. If your ovaries were removed (and even if they weren't, actually) it's possible you're already experiencing hot flashes -- some gals even have them before they leave the hospital (if you still have your ovaries they may not be functioning well yet). I'm kinda assuming your ovaries were removed since your doc is going to discuss hrt with you at your next visit.

If the bowel problems are getting to you, you might want to ask your doc if it's ok to take something to help. It's best to check with her before taking anything, though.

There's lots of information here on Hystersisters (be sure to check the Resources forum) about hrt. Premarin works well for me and I know that is has definitely helped with the quality of my life since my hyst (over 3 years ago). It's not for everyone though, but there are lots of other hrt's out there.........my suggestion would be to research different types so you'll know what your doc is talking about and you can reach a decision together as to what you want to try.

You might want to check this link to one of the hrt sections of the Resources forum:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...n=browse&cid=3

Good luck to you in your recovery --

's

Ann
TAH/BSO 1/5/01
Unread 05-01-2004, 07:14 AM
New to Hyster Sisters..

Hi...welcome to the best website around!! You will find all the help you need here! (Except from your Dr.)!! I had my surgery in June...(almost a year ago..hard to believe)!! I was put on Estrace 2 mg. after surgery and have been doing great on it! Never had to take anything else! I like it cuz it's bio-identical, not synthetic. Which means it's exactly the same as what our bodies produced. Good Luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2004, 07:33 AM
New to Hyster Sisters..

Hi neighbor, I'm in Tennessee too! Welcome to Hyster Sisters!

If you haven't already, check out the post-op hints and articles. There's a lot of great information there which can help answer a lot of your questions. Here's the link: Post-Op Articles

Initital recovery from a TAH can take 6 to 8 weeks with full recovey taking anywhere from 6 months to a year. Just be sure to get plenty of rest; take short, frequent walks; and drink lots of water during this time. Listen to your body and remember that you only get one chance to heal properly.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. The ladies here are wonderful!

s,

Lisa
Unread 05-01-2004, 05:15 PM
New to Hyster Sisters..

Welcome to a wonderful website that will give you tons of support and love. I had TVH with A/P repair and dr. started me on Premarin the day after surgery. It seems to be helping but still experience some hot flashes and night sweats. When I told him about them at 2 weeks post op, he assured me that it is a waiting game and if I feel I need a tad more then we'll discuss it at 6 week check up. He did mention that he would rather start out with the lowest dosage and increase it as the need arises. I'm truly gratefuly that he is being conservative in the HRT area. Hang in there. Things do get better; listen to your body. That is the one thing that I have learned through my experience. It has been through trauma and needs rest to heal properly. Need anything else? Just post and I'll write to you again.

Take care of yourself. to you,

Joanne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register