nearly 4 weeks post op, STILL have big pains on left side... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nearly 4 weeks post op, STILL have big pains on left side... nearly 4 weeks post op, STILL have big pains on left side...

Unread 05-02-2004, 01:18 PM
nearly 4 weeks post op, STILL have big pains on left side...

I tried to search for symptoms for a hernia on Webmd.com but only found 'male groin' related subjects, or hernias in babies. THATS it. Wish I knew why I had this pain. After ALL this time I am sick of it. It feels like a large open raw wound inside. HURTS, severe at times, mild at times, sometimes feels like it is burning.... this has been going on for WEEKS now :-(
When I last talked on the phone to my Dr last week, he said as long as no fever, all was normal. GEEZ............ its been so long now.

Thanks for listening to me whine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2004, 01:30 PM

Where on your left side is the pain.? is it high or low? is it up into the rib area? if it is, it could be your kidney. Right after surgery my left side was hurting very badly... up high. It was sore.
My kidney utertur had been sown up and it was blocked. they did a MRI and found that it was enlarged and took me straight back into surgery and put in a stent. (4 days after the hyster)
but that wasn't the real pain that was making me complain... it was the abd area. the intestines had fallen and they had to stitch those back up... that's why i was really complaining... no because of the kidney. (otherwise, i think they would have sent me home)
there was no indication either about the block because my other kidney was funcitoning ok... (no fever)
I don't know what to tell you... but this is a suggestion... I am thankful they found my problem. another woman i know had the exact same thing... her 's wasn't fixed for 6 mths and her kidney is now dead. i am really hoping and praying that you find the answers soon.... but A LOT of pain is NOT normal.

climb
Unread 05-02-2004, 01:42 PM

Sorry you are having some discomfort. Definitely mention it to your doctor. Call the office if your next visit isn't for a while, if nothing else, for peace of mind.

I had a really sore spot on my left side for quite some time. The first visit I mentioned it to my doctor (when he removed half the staples) he said I was healing. 2 wks later I mentioned it again he finally told me where I was pointing was where he tied up my ligaments "nice n tight"

It felt like I had a stictch in my side from running too much for a good 8 weeks. (and yes, even though he told me what it was at 2 weeks, each visit I mentioned it again and again just incase.

BSQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2004, 02:38 PM

Thanks ladies for your responses :-)

ClimbColo, I am 'happy' to say the pain is NOT way uphigh at all. It is just to the left of my belly button, down 1/2 inch or so, give or take. That is the general area. So maybe that is where most of the 'work' was done and that is why at nearly 4 weeks it is still SO sore, tender etc.........
Unread 05-02-2004, 02:54 PM

I still have pain in my left side.....that's the ovary i lost....It hurts really bad when i lean over someting and puts presure there...or hugging someone......Don't know what it is but i don't like....Be glad when it's gone
Unread 05-02-2004, 03:35 PM

I had the same pain on both sides, sometimes it would only be on the left, sometimes on the right, sometimes both. I mentioned it to my doc at my 6 week check up and he said my internal tissues (including ovaries) were still very swollen and that was causing the cramping/pain. I needed a silver nitrate to help with healing and went back at 8 weeks for a re-check. Everything was fine, the swelling had gone down and the cramping was gone. Now however, if I do too much I start cramping a little and I assume I am swelling again so I take it easy for a while and it goes away. Hope you get to feeling better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register