A lil scared today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A lil scared today A lil scared today

Unread 05-04-2004, 08:43 AM
A lil scared today

I just got a call from my Gp I saw on Fri. I had a bunch of blood work done for my proactin levels, thyroid levels and anything else they could check. Well, they wanted to set me up for an MRi of the Brain to check and see it that pituitary tumor had grown they told me it would take at least 4 to 6 weeks for the appt. seeing as this is a small town and there is only one mri clinic. Well, this morining the nurse called to tell me that they had me scheduled for this THursday at 9:30 for the MRI... I was a little confused I asked if my blood work was back and she said she would go check. When she came back she said the dr wanted to wait till after the MRI to have an appt to discuss the results.

Now I know I shouldn't worry but I can't help it I am scared to death. I have an appt with my gyn tomorrow and I called and asked that the blood results be faxed to him but I am not sure if she will. The headaches have gotten worse, and they seem to be affecting my left side, like I catch myself dragging my left foot for slurring my speech, or my left eye is blurry. It is really bothering me.

I swear I am fallling apart... Sisters please pray for me... I don't know how much more I can handle.

Plus I am still fighting the med fight with my gyn, I can't wait to start pain clinic... I know it will be difficult in the beginninng but at least I will have one dr to deal with that is specializing in pain mgnt.

OK enough feeling sorry for myself...
Talk to you
later
LOL
Jeni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2004, 09:29 AM
A lil scared today

If you tell the gyn's office to get the results, they may be able to get your GP to fax them over, or even pull them off a computer systen, if they use the same lab

Also, maybe your GP or gyn would ask for a stat read on the MRI?

Dorrie
Unread 05-05-2004, 07:24 AM
A lil scared today

(((((((Jeni)))))))

I'm so sorry you are suffering like this. I will pray for you, and I hope you get some answers. At least you got in right away for the MRI. Maybe they had a cancellation and were able to squeeze you in. Try not to worry until you know what you are dealing with. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Big 's
Shelley

P.S. I made a prayer request for you in the Prayers forum. I am really worried about you. Please let us know as soon as you have some news.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register