Swollen Lymp Node | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swollen Lymp Node Swollen Lymp Node

Unread 05-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Swollen Lymp Node

Hi all,
I am sitting here at work freaking out. I felt a pain in my right neck and when I felt it I found a swollen lymph node. It is also very tender. I had 1 pos node in my surgery. I have NEVER felt a swollen lymph node before. Is this cancerhead rearing its ugly self again or should I be concerned. I go next week to my Gyne/Onc for my last pre-chemo visit.
Bertha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Swollen lymph node

Bertha, Many years ago I had a swollen lymph node in my neck. It eventually went away. Never saw a doctor. Because of your diagnosis, of course you should ask your doctor about it. I just mentioned it because yours too COULD be nothing.

Here's hoping for nothing. Mary D.
Unread 05-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Swollen Lymp Node

Hi BerthaC,
As you are going to see your doctor, tell him about it. Probably it is harmless. A lot of times if you have a cold or throat infection one can feel swollen glands in the neck. If you can reach your nurse you can give her a call if that calms your nerves. I sometimes go through these cancerheads too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Tell the Doctor

I's probably a swollen node from any number of things. I know that feeling though--an the cancerhead. Let the doctor look--I'm thinking it's going to unswell by the appointment.
Unread 05-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Swollen Lymp Node

s Bertha

Painful, enlarged lymph nodes are usually inflamed and not cancerous. Have you had a sore throat, ear ache, or even any dental work done recently?
Also ovarian cancer rarely spreads to lymph nodes in our necks.
But that said, certainly point it out to your doctor next week.
Try and relax in the meantime.
Sounds like chemo is almost completed!!

karenann
Unread 05-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Swollen Lymp Node

Bertha,
When you were a kid, didn't your mother ever feel for swollen glands in your neck? We get them with almost every cold or sore throat. You've probably had them hundreds of times and never noticed it BC (before Cancer). There's a bunch of different bugs, colds and flus, going around now. Chances are that's all you have, a bug that your lymph glands have caught, just as they are supposed to do.

Hugs,
Janie
Unread 05-05-2004, 05:32 AM
Swollen Lymp Node

Thanks everyone,

My DH pointed out to me last night that I have been having very bad drainage from my eyes and have been very congested. Usual Pittsburgh sinus problems!! Like I said when I was diagnosed I went all stupid. Thanks to all for your support. I called my MD but she is on vacation so I will tell her when I go next week. Karenann only 1 more chemo in 1 1/2 weeks. I am glad but also worried about no more chemo. I guess that is normal to feel that way. Again thanks to all. The support here is great.

Bertha
Unread 05-05-2004, 06:07 AM
Swollen Lymp Node

Bertha,

I'm sure you'll feel 100% better, and calmer, once your DR has a look at it.

And yes, there's plenty of less sinister reasons other than cancer to have a swelling. We'll all look forward to hearing which one caused this!

Stay calm and as they say, "don't pay the toll until you've crossed the bridge."

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 05-05-2004, 07:08 AM
Swollen Lymp Node

Very well put Marl....many thanks for everyones support.

Bertha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register