Check-Up 5/6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Check-Up 5/6

Well, it's that time again. Four months sure rolls around fast!
Last check-up I had a perfect 10 for a 'scooch'! I have put on a few pounds since then, so will have to see how tomorrows comes out.

I get the mammogram smash tomorrow; along with the rest of the works.

BTW, a bit off topic; has anyone read the, " Purpose Driven Life; what on earth am I here for?" Wrote by Rick Warren.
We finished this a few weeks back as a study at Church. It's a good read.

Debbie [withope]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2004, 07:11 AM
Check-Up 5/6

Dear Debbie,
Looking forward to your update, and hoping you get another "perfect 10"
Best Wishes,
=empresse
Unread 05-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Check-Up 5/6

Hi Deb,

Hoping and praying you have another perfect exam and results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Check-Up 5/6

Debbie
May you have a perfectly normal exam, mammo, and of course a perfect 10 scootch!!

Ruth S
Unread 05-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Check-Up 5/6

Debbie, may you have another "perfect 10" as well as a problem free mamo. s, peggiesue
Unread 05-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Exam

Of course you'll do a great scootch and get good results. I have a good feeling.

Don't you love the mammogam smash? I know that thing was invented by a man! They can't smash my right too har due to th port being down in there--but they make up on the left side.

Results please when you have them!
Unread 05-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Check-Up 5/6

I had just gotten a copy of the book and just started on it.

I am just hoping that I can delve into it like I should
Unread 05-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Check-Up 5/6

the book sounds interesting...esp with the big C concern...it has been on my mind alot lately...I've been very distracted at work,thinking of my 6 y.o. and my not so great marriage...while driving,etc....will check it out. thanks. Glad that you have a 10!!!I just had my first 3 month check up, and all is OK.
Unread 05-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Check-Up 5/6

Thanks sisters for the well wishes.

Well it was not a perfect 'scooch', but I'll give myself an 8. LOL, the paper tore at the part that was already perferated.

Still have to hear back from my Ca125 and the results from the mammogram but all in all, I feel good about the check-up. My Dr thinks I am doing well and no growths could be felt on exam.
He said on my next 4month check-up he is having an sonogram done. His thoughts are the sonogram shows more detail than the Catscan. As long as I am problem free from any symptoms he thinks this is the best way to go. Said if I have any problems between now and then he will order a catscan also, if not then I will have a catscan done on my next 4month check-up. [ I had one done 8 months ago already]

I am sure happy I changed Doc's after the hyster. He sure is a good one, very envloved in my care. He insists I have the Ca125 each check-up, even though it did not show with my type of tumor. We discussed this today and he said that he was not impressed by the Ca125 test as it was not accurate but nevertheless, wants one done each time.

LOL, I agree with the mammogram must have been invented by a man! Actually my last one was not that bad, but today I thought the tech was going to pinch off my entire chest! She told me to hold my breath- now mind ya this thing has be squezzed flat then she turns a knob to make it flatter and she says, "hold your breath." HA! I was already holding my breath, nothing else I could have done in that postion! OUCH!

The book I suggested is a really good one. The one thing I really liked about it is it is a daily read of only a few pages. I kept a journal with mine and found that very helpful. I gained alot of peace of mind concerning different things in my life. And also my faith has grown stronger, we can all use as much of that as we can get.

Luv and hugs to all of you!
I'll let you know when my results come in.

Debbie [withope]
Unread 05-07-2004, 07:44 AM
Check-Up 5/6

Debbie congratulations on a great exam. I am gald you have a Dr, that you like and trust. Enjoy your book and your summer

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register