CT Results and waiting pattern | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CT Results and waiting pattern CT Results and waiting pattern

Unread 05-06-2004, 11:38 AM
CT Results and waiting pattern

Hi
I had an appointment with my oncologist this AM to discuss my rising CA125 & the results of the CT scan. My CT scan was clear.!!

I still have the abdomenal pain but it has not changed in over a month. It started out as a dull ache in Feb and progressed to a noticable pain. Nothing seems to affect it except pain pills. My onc. wants to watch it and recheck in 6 weeks. I really get tired of "wait & see". However, my onc doesn't do a pelvic exam, just palpates the abd and lymph nodes.

I have an appointment with my gyn/onc next Fri. He will repeat the CA125 and will do a pelvic exam ( him and however many med students & residents are around). (Note: I once had 3 different pairs of hands "up there". I'm so popular!!).

I guess I have just another week to wait to see just what this abd pain is all about because I think my gyn/onc will give me a good action plan.

Does anyone other that cancer survivors realize how hard it is to wait? I doubt it.

Thanks for listening.

's
Ruth S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2004, 12:07 PM

Ruth, I do think that cancer survivors have a special sort of "angst" when waiting for test results. Once you've experienced the reality of cancer as a diagnosis in your medical chart, you have a new sense of its possibility at any time.

A nurse once said to me, "you know, we're ALL always one test away from bad news." That's true for everyone. But we cancer survivors know this uniquely.

Glad your CT scan was ok. And I hope the CA-125 is due to some weird thing, or even just a lab fluke. Will keep you in prayer.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 05-06-2004, 02:17 PM

s Ruth

Glad to hear the CT scan was normal.
And I agree completely. The waiting game is the pits.
I know from the time I have labs or testing done, until I hear results, I kinda live in my own little zone. Other than my DH and younger sister, who lives next door, very people can enter this zone.
I'll be hoping for a drop in your ca 125.
Hang in there my courageous friend.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Good CT

I'm so glad your CT scan was normal--that's a good sign. Now may your next CA125 have dropped next time and the pelvic go well. I would not have a pelvic with students watching much less "in there." I'd draw that line... Unless they were really cute and single...
Unread 05-06-2004, 04:56 PM

Ruth,

That's great news on your CT scan - normal and clear. And, if I remember correctly, a CA 125 # can rise for other reasons too.

The waiting for results is an anxious time, I know. Here's hoping for great news on that for you, too.

All the best, and a big to you
Unread 05-06-2004, 05:34 PM

Ruth,

Congratulations in a clear Ct scan. I hope they find what is causing the abdominal pain so they can relieve it. Adhesions cause mild abdominal pain for me sometimes. Waiting is very hard, and not just about tests results. My best friends daugters is driving a hummer in Iraq, right where the fighting is worst. Everyday she waits for news of her, hoping she is well. She prays every day, then just keeps busy, hoping for the best. She has taught me a lot about how to wait.
Unread 05-06-2004, 05:38 PM

I am glad that your CT came back okay.

3 pairs of Hands??? Hopefully not all at once. LOL

I hope this Ca125 is with in the "normal relm for you"

There is only one other group of people that I would think would hate waiting worse than us.
Unread 05-06-2004, 10:12 PM

Dear Ruth,
Good news that the CT scan was clear! I will be thinking of you and praying that the doctors can figure out what is causing your abdominal pain and get that taken care of. Let us know how it goes and know we are thinking of you!

Rhonda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register