cyst/ tumor | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-08-2004, 06:43 AM
cyst/ tumor

Hello- I am another new confused person. What is the difference between a cyst and a tumor? On an ultrasound will the cyst come and go and the tumor always be there? I have soemthing and am at the high end of the CA-125 test. My doc want me to take out the uterus (also have fibroid) and the one ovary. Many people are telling me i am "too young" for all this (34yrs). I know the CA-125 test can also be endo and a bunch of other things or many I am just at the higher end of the range naturally. I am going for another ultrasound and blood test this week- am just wondering how certain they can be what it is from this test.
I have been reading the other messages and wanted to say thanks- it helps to hear all these different stories!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2004, 11:23 AM
cyst/tumor

Hi! I can identify with all of your questions. I just thought I would give you the quick explination that my dr gave me about the difference between a cyst and tumor. A cyst is jelly like, a tumor is solid matter. I am not sure about your tests. I am 35 and will be going in this week for my hyster. I just encourage you to feel comfortable with the decision... ask questions! I have a whole page of questions for my preop on Monday... Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register